I am an affiliate with many places (Linkshare, CJ, Shareasale, etc.). I accidentally erased all my cookies a while back when I clicked the wrong button. Did this hurt my chances of getting sales credited to my accounts?

No, it doesnt matter what ever you do with the cookies on your pc.

Just make sure your users keep their cookies intact.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thirteen:
    I am an affiliate with many places (Linkshare, CJ, Shareasale, etc.). I accidentally erased all my cookies a while back when I clicked the wrong button. Did this hurt my chances of getting sales credited to my accounts? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Thirteen, welcome to the ABW forum board!

The tracking cookie is scanned for on the "PURCHASERS" computer at checkout time for crediting the proper affiliate for the sale.

When a visitor clicks on your affiliate URL link, a cookie is automatically placed in the visitors cookie folder on their computer.

The cookies stored on your computer in no way hinder, or assist you in the ability for you to get commissions of your "visitors" sale purchases. The cookies dropped in "YOUR" cookie folder are solely used for whatever sites you visit and/or make purchases from.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

What is they have their computer set to have cookies deleted when they close their browser automatically. My computer does that. The cookies are all deleted as soon as the browser is closed.
    Would we not get paid then? Are the commissions added to our account as soon as they make a purchase. Because some people clean their cookies all the time.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread