Has anybody had any success with adsense program? Just curious as to whether it was a good program or not.

sam wilson

ABW Ambassador
    From what I hear from folks on my AOL/IM people are making from $100 to $15,000 per month.

The $15,000 is down from $18,000

ABW Ambassador
    I am a very small fish in the internet marketing game, but what I make with Adsense would suit me just fine if it was my only source of income.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    AdSense,
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

In the scheme of things, whether we're making $100 per month or $100,000 per month, we're all small fish. It's a very big pond.

For most product-oriented vertical markets, affiliate programs blow away AdSense. For other markets, AdSense works very well. You never know until you try it, then you know very quickly.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Adsense replaced all my parasite filled merchants and it has paid off ten fold. I make money from the bad guys promoting the bad stores that work with them.
    Wow I never thought of it that way!
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I think it's more or less a given that AdSense is worth promoting. There's nothing like it that can compete and it's a great way to make additional revenue on those who don't actually make a purchase from your site. It's very consistent and not very exciting unless you get some traffic surges, but that reliability is good in a field of nothing but ups and downs.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> For most product-oriented vertical markets, affiliate programs blow away AdSense. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not going to engage in argument about that, but, even with pages for merchants with whom my sites yield a higher EPC than their run-of-the-network EPC, the Adsense gets priority spot placement.

I've pulled Adsense from some of my sites, and as soon as I find a viable alternative (PPC or not), I will pull the rest. I make some money from it, but I think the advertising spots could be put to better use. Plus the complete inconsistency of what I make on a day-by-day basis is making me want something else as well (double digits one day, less than a buck the next few days off the same amount of clicks on the same site, etc).

[edit] It is a good program, I'm just ready for something more beneficial to me personally after over a year of dealing with it.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Thanks guys for all the responses. I love abw.

sam wilson

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Adam Ward:
    From what I hear from folks on my AOL/IM people are making from $100 to $15,000 per month.

The $15,000 is down from $18,000 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have AIM, where can I go to talk about people that use adsense on AIM? Is there a AIM chat room? Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nyfalcon:
    Adsense replaced all my parasite filled merchants and it has paid off ten fold. I make money from the bad guys promoting the bad stores that work with them.
    Wow I never thought of it that way! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't understand. I'm a newbie. Parasites? What is that? Sorry for the riduculous questions but i am trying to learn about the affilate programs before I make my pages and apply for the accounts

Newbiee,

PARASITE! Long long discussion. Just for the info, parasites are the "Bad" affiliates who steal commissions from other affiliates by replacing cookies, redirecting visitors etc etc. You can read in detail here. Get ready for lots of lots of reading.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

I've been using Adsense for about 3 months.

Earning were low to begin with but as I've tweaked and tested I'm really pleased with the results.

Not up to the $15,000 a month yet though

Richard

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread