Why would an Affiliate join an Ad network instead of just going directly to each merchant and sign up directly? Wouldn't we make more commissions if we cut out the middle man, such as the Ad networks? I am new to this. I noticed that Barnes and Noble is on multiple Ad Networks and I also noticed that an Affiliate can go directly to Barnes and Noble and become an Affiliate without going through an Ad Network. I also noticed that some Ad networks charge money to join. Why shold we pay when there are so many good one for Free.

ABW Ambassador
    I only see B&N at BeFree/Reporting.net. A lot of times merchants will have affiliate sign up links on their site but they end up going thru the network.

There are a lot of merchants that run their own programs/indys and there are some nice ones out there, might take some time figuring out which ones are the good ones and which ones are duds. Usually the payout is a little higher, usually less competition since most affiliates stick to network merchants, a few more positives.

With networks it's nice to have them all in one place plus consolidated payments are nice. Don't know of any networks where you have to pay to join. All the ones i'm in are free to join.

Most merchants are only on networks and don't have an in-house program. That's the main reason we go through networks.

While some merchants offer higher commissions for in-house programs, many don't.

For smaller affiliates on CJ, Performics, or SAS, you get paid out based on a consolidated minimum payment. If you earn $5 from five different programs, you still get paid. That's another reason affiliates go through networks.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I also noticed that some Ad networks charge money to join. Why should we pay when there are so many good one for Free. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    NEVER pay to join an affiliate program or an affiliate network!

You should not have to pay anyone to be able to market their products for them.

THEY pay you!

How does it work? If a merchant is paying Google or an Ad Network .50 cents a click and we get 20 click a day. Do we get $10.00? Or do we share that with Google or the Ad network? Do we get half? Fifty percent? I noticed that some merchants are paying over $2.00 a click and some even higher. Then there are other merchants that pay as little as .05 cents.

Merchants don't pay you per click. They usually pay for sales. If you have lots of sales, you might make $1 or more per click. (I have one merchant where I'm making about $8 per click.) If you don't generate a lot of sales, you might make $0.01 per click or less. (I have some like that, too.)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread