Hi , i stumble upon a program that helps to build affilaite website, does anyone use site build it before. what are it's bad and good points, care to share?

Tony

Don't waste yuor money n time on that stupid program, learn how to use microsoft frontpage or other webdesign program.

hi tonytony,

site build it has a large base of users that swear by it so i'm not sure if stangel is sharing with you his/her experience or just telling you how he/she feels.

i dont use it as of this writing(although I do have a couple of subscriptions to the service) but would be happy to send you a url where it is discussed by people who use it every day for their business. wont post it here out of consideration for this board.

let me know by pm if you want to read more,

larry

Hi
    Larry is correct and I agree with him, I frequent a forum which all have nothing but good things to say about sitebuild it. I does seem to be all it proclaims to be, Ken Evoy puts out get things. Do a search on google, to read more on it. I don't want to get in trouble for posting the link thanks good luck.

uniquelyyours

Increase Sales With Targeted Traffic [Affiliate Link removed]

You don't get what you don't ask for.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; February 1st, 2005 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Please re-read affiliate links are not allowed

Well stangel

You obviously haven't a clue of what SBI offers. Otherwise you certianly wouldn't recommend Frontpage as an alternative.

I would recommend SBI to anyone. It is a truly fantastic product.

It WILL provide anyone in any niche the basics of creating a good, content rich site.

I does have some technical limits but It is a superior product.

This forum will help enlighten you.
    http://associateprograms.com/discus/

There is a dedicated thread for SBI.

oh ya, I also talk from experience. I have two SBI site and they are both doing well (for sites less than 6 months old)

I am more than happy to elaborate more because I believe very strongly in the SBI philosophy. Just PM me.
    <b><a href="http://5startravelgroup.com" rel="nofollow">5 Star Travel Group</a> - Luxury Travel Memberships</b>
    Lifetime membership pays <b>$1000 commission on two levels</b>
    Very easy to sell, unbelievably lucrative! <a href="http://5startravelgroup.com/contact.php">Contact me</a> for more information.

I own one, but I'm still reading after three months!

Oooops!

I forgot to mention... As far as SiteSell. I do own a complete pachage! Paid a whole $300 for it, but have not been able to do anything like I mention above. Call me ignorant!

Anyway, I'll be glad to give it away!

Actually... better yet, I'll exchange my SiteSell to anyone who is interested in helping me put togeter a template website that knows what they are doing. Is that good, or what?

Y'all have a great day postin... ya hear?

Thanks...

George - Freedomwatchdog

I have a SiteSell web site.

You can do a lot with it have a look: http://www.all-about-puppies.com/

The support is great as is the new forum. It is great for begginers

However after a little experience I found it very restrictive.

1.Uploading each site individually takes for ever.

2.It puts tracking script on everything to you have to work arround this to get people to link to you.
    I also worry about the tracking code working for the affiliate programmes I promote because of the script being changed.

3. Managing a large link exchange campaign is virtually impossible.

4. a minor change to all pages could take all day to update on a large site.

So: It is brilliant for a beginner as it really holds your hand step by step. Kens books are a great introduction to affiliate markeintg... But fustrationg, restricting and time consuming for someone with more experience.

Oh it is also expensive at $300. I have a reseller account for my sites at $10 per month with more features.

Hello Richard C.

I think Dr. Evoy and his group are terrific and have done a tremendous job building the SiteSell and 5Pillar groups.

HOWEVER, like you, I have been trying to get my site done and going through the 600 page manual, for someone like me, was, and still is a major challenge.

I posted here before and I have a $400 package that has never been used. So Richard (or maybe someone else) If these packages are fully transferrable, please PM or post or email me and I will gladly transfer all of it for someone who wants to create a worthy site for some small consideration. Moreover, if anyone wants to build a SiteSell website for me, using my package, I'll entertain a proposal for doing it for and with me.

I cannot do it alone nor do I want to see it go to waste.

If someone will come up with good a idea, besides these, for my prepaid SiteSell package I'll more than likely go along...

BTW: How do we see your deal Richard?

Thanks and... Merry Christmas to you all!

freedomwatchdog

We all agree that SiteBuildIt is great for newbies but is far to restrictive and time consuming to use once you get the idea of what to do.

Ken's books and systematic approach are a really great way of learning about affiliate marketing and take you through the worst of the learning curve.

Once there his site building system is simply too expensive, slow and restrictive for more ambicious affiliates

R

I would like to chime in on this one.

As someone with a basic level of html understanding and little or no SEO knowlegde, this may be a good start for you. Also for people who are totally non-tech orentated (your local service salesperson, grocer etc) this is a fine way of building a site since the only thing you have to do is put your content up...

The real challenge arises when you become more tech-savy and would like to go on a large-scale linking campaign as RichardC mentioned, or would like to use SSI (which is being incorporated, and they fixed the tracking as well) or would like to use a forum or all kinds of scripts etc. That won't work.

As an SBI user myself I find the uploading of pages a pain and the SEO checking a blessing. The pricey package also includes access to a private forum with quite some useful information.

I hope I helped

edit: (yay, I'm a member now )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

3. Managing a large link exchange campaign is virtually impossible.

. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What does campaign mean? What is the difference between campaign and advertise?

A link campaign means that you actively go out, search for and ask for links to your site. The usual formula is to.

1. search for sites which would be suitable to link with.
    2. put a link to them on your site 1st.
    3. email them to say that you would like to exchange links with them, that you have placed a link to their site (give them the address) and would they place a link to your site (give them the url, link text and description you want them to use). Also ask them to let you know if they havelinked to you.
    4. If you hear nothing within 2 weeks you can send a reminder.
    5. After a further 2 weeks email them again with a friendly reminder but stating that you will remove their link if you have not heard from them.
    6. If you do not hear from them remove their link.

I also check to make sure that they are listed in Google using link:http://www.theirsitename.com. I used to check that they had PR but this is so unreliable nowadays.

If this is two much trouble you can use softeware to help you.

R

Sofware? What sort of software? Software to email people to ask them to link to me? Software?

There are loads of tools to manage link campaigns.

Do a search of Google for "link exchange software", "recipricle link software" etc.

There are also a number of online service which help you manage your link campaigns for a fee.

Beware of link farms though or you will get banned by the SEs.

R

I also go with RichardC's manual invitation method. Sending a few personalized requests at a time allows for quick follow up.....Some software can help assist with organization, but some can seem spammy, which is no good. Better to screen and target links you need. I like for them to know I am really there on the other end......allows for follow-up opportunities

Best of Luck,
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by freedomwatchdog
    Oooops!

I forgot to mention... As far as SiteSell. I do own a complete pachage! Paid a whole $300 for it, but have not been able to do anything like I mention above. Call me ignorant!

Anyway, I'll be glad to give it away!

Actually... better yet, I'll exchange my SiteSell to anyone who is interested in helping me put togeter a template website that knows what they are doing. Is that good, or what?

Y'all have a great day postin... ya hear?

Thanks...

George - Freedomwatchdog
    freedomwatchdog , I am interested in the swap, but I can't pm you. My email address is, stfarmer@cableone.net. Let me know if it is still available.

Steve

I'm interested in the Sitesell package as well. I'm pretty good with templates and own thousands of them including Template Monster types. If thats what your interested in.

Let me know if I can help you.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread