Hi Gang,

Over the past 30 days I've been trying to work this out with CJ directly, and the results have been less than satisfactory. Thought I'd give other affiliates a heads up.

Last month, Your Kids Direct reversed ALL of my sales, totaling $535.26 in commission alone. Their explanation was that each and every order ($5000+ worth of orders) were reversed due to fraudulent credit cards. Funny how this never happens with other stores but the same shoppers. Just logged in today and am now missing another $300+ from my account. From one $252.99 Your Kids Direct commission alone reversal. 3 HomeVisions. Think they're owned by the same company. Wait -- they are!

I think it's safe to say I'm pulling them right now. What you see-eth in Account Manager can be taketh away -- without resolution, at least on the affiliate's part.

Liz Welsh Tompkins
    Styleforfree.com
    email: [email="lwtompkins@styleforfree.com"]lwtompkins@styleforfree.com[/email]
    [url="http://twitter.com/styleforfreecom"]Twitter[/url] | [url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=625631089&ref=name"]Facebook[/url]

PS - I hate coming here & being a witch about reversals. So to leave things on a good note:

THANK YOU to Zappos for getting out of the it's too easy to reverse mode at CJ. Not one reversal in months for them and my mortgage thanks you for that!!
    Liz Welsh Tompkins
    Styleforfree.com
    [url="http://twitter.com/styleforfreecom"]Twitter[/url] | [url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=625631089&ref=name"]Facebook[/url]

Gee

I thought I was the only one with that complaint.
    Strange to note that all different sales at defferent times were made with invalid credit card.

anybody else?
    Thanks
    Asif

ABW Ambassador
    Liz, I don't do anything with YourKidsDirect right now but HomeVisions reversed about 8% of my sales today. The 8% is about the same in order volume and sales volume. That % is about normal for them in my records. I do enough volume with them that the reversal ratio comes out about the same each month so this is not a statistical anomaly.

No Zappos reversals in MONTHS?!?!

Doesn't sound like the Zappos I have a love/hate relationship with at all. I'd gladly settle for one month a year without them beating me up on the 10th.
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    ~Lynn Hall

It's true (about Zappos) -- I am becoming a believer! They've totally cleaned up on reversals.
    Liz Welsh Tompkins
    Styleforfree.com

I'm afraid it's not true for all of us. I had a 40% reversal rate last month, and the lowest it's been for the past year is 17%.

I'm not accusing Zappos of being dishonest, shoe merchants are just like that. It's truly amazing that you didn't have at least one reversal, since many will purchase two pairs, just to get a good fit, then return the other pair.

Anyway, congrats on your success!
    ~Lynn Hall

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by othello:
    I'm afraid it's not true for all of us. I had a 40% reversal rate last month, and the lowest it's been for the past year is 17%.

Wow. I would drop HV like a rock if I had a 40% return rate on strong good volume.

Yeah, I avoided Zappos for a long time. I signed with them 4 months ago because of their changes and have been happy. Low volume right now but no reversals.

ABW Ambassador
    My problem has been with Deckers (Teva). It's hard to run the numbers because I can only do a month at a time (and I'd like to see all results and reversals for the whole year). I'd guess that 95% of my sale have been reversed!

quote:
    Wow. I would drop HV like a rock if I had a 40% return rate on strong good volume.

Sorry if I was unclear, but it's Zappos I had the 40% reversal rate with. HomeVisions has never reversed a sale on me......yet.
    ~Lynn Hall

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I read once at abw that ALL shoe merchants reverse - because when the shoes arrive maybe they don't fit.

Don't any of the people just exchange for the correct size?

Don't shoe merchants have some sort of autoresponder that says "Sorry the 9's were too small. If you don't want the 10's, how about this other style instead?

I just find it hard to believe they don't have something in place to prevent such large return percentages.

Montgomery Ward, which is part of the HomeVisions group, reversed $1000 of sales today. Invalid credit card given as reason. Didn't give me a good start to the day. HV no reversals though.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread