Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I wish someone would Email me when these things pop up... Paul from Ebates was the person who was kind enough to point this one out to me.... Thanks Paul

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    "Lets sell some rocks.....!!"

Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

Cutthroat competition eh?

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    And why would they do that. Was the shoe on the other foot this time? Maybe they were doing similar things to e bates that e bates and the rest do to us non stop. Did they want your links all to themselves

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Ebates was probably p*ssed to see SAHS in Mondera's program when they (eBates) had been kicked.

Those in the doghouse can never stand to see others getting away with the same thing they were busted for!

~Revenue is King

ABW Ambassador
    That's one of the stranger things I've seen in affiliate marketing - Ebates complaining about another plug-in and one of the most anti-parasite programs around learning about it from a parasite program!

Jim

ABW Ambassador
    Shopper sees SITEA offers rebate for site. SITEB does not.

Shopper like SITEA. Shopper think SITEB sux.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Paul from Ebates was the person who was kind enough to point this one out to me.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    There must have been something to his advantage for him to do so. I wonder if he also filed a CoC complaint on them...

Andy

It pops over affiliates.mondera.com today... it redirects to their homepage... annoying really!

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris - WSO:
    I wish someone would Email me when these things pop up... _Paul from Ebates_ was the person who was kind enough to point this one out to me.... Thanks Paul

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson

http://www.mondera.com/affiliate_support/index.asp
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here as well. Got a nice "reminder" from Paul too...

BTW, Paul reads all these threads completely....

Hi Paul !!

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com

Parasite Free in 2003!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Hi Paul... You might as well put me on your ABW filter. You by now know my stance on mixing "incent" advertisers with the pay per performance industry. Since all BHO's in their current form are "incent" based advertising vehicles designed to monitize all avenues to a merchants site I know you'll bury the other "incent" affiliates. Darwinism takes over as the process of survival of the fittest incent marketing tools forces the couponers to resort to spamming the SE & PPCSE's ..lying to their audience ...postin phoney incent offers.. and the other tricks for clicks & cookies they employ to compete with your automated browser based incent spamming machine.

Hopefully some of the rebate/reward/coupon DUpers will start defaulting on payouts and those merchant AM's and merchants will get caught up in the consumer backlash. Hello CyberRebates in spades.

At some point the merchants will have to bring inhouse all loyality shopping programs and Google and others will bann or penalize listings for coupons -rebates -Freebees not associated with an actual merchant domain. 3rd world programmers will start selling BHO's programs that block the action of their BHO competitors or disable their applications.

It will be interesting watching this play out as the all the incent marketers try to manipulate screen space -listings and internet shopping traffic. Meanwhile Andy, and other 100% non incent oriented AM's, sleep easy knowing their programs and merchant revenues keep growing regardless of the incent marketers killing each other and raping merchants ROI.

Only interference on my shoppers and my income potential comes from those in the incent advertising industry spooking my shoppers into thinking their missing out on the best buy. Leaving the shoppers alone to decide what they are going to buy is something that goes against the grain of those with an advertising mindset.

Incent marketing is a force that tries to throw confusion into the buying process. Online it is where a merchant pays extra to get their own shopper to question their decision to buy at the point of sale.

I equate Paul's "CJ affiliate of the year" awrd in the same ballpark with hair lipped MLM master Glen W. Turner's rise to fame. Magazine covers -Numerous man of the Year Awards -SuperBowl appearence and within a Year Koscot and Glen was under Federal indictments -embroiled in lawsuits and forced into bankrupsy. His Midget housemate buddies fared better then he did in Hollywood. Is that G.W. Turner Castle still up for sale in Orlando? Mink Oil becomes snake oil when put into the hands of con-men.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

[This message was edited by EcomCity.com on June 26, 2003 at 11:47 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>BTW, Paul reads all these threads completely....
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One of many reasons I have showed "some" restraints in what I say about the parasites.

You wouldn't want to hear what I would really like to say about them.

They choose to hideout in the background fully aware of the true nature of what their apps do which speaks MUCH louder than any ad spin they can produce about their program's so called validity.

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi All

I think Paul's hope was that as we had SHS listed as a partner that maybe we were now re-considering our stance on their tracking and rewards system with regard to the present state of the COC

As I told him, we think the COC is a good start but still has a little way to go before it is a solid base for us to use. Till then anything that uses any kind of download, checkout process interruopts, pop up on site other than on the marketing partners own (including delayed load or offscreen pop ups (Gator style)) or causes and interruption in the user experience on our siteis not acceptable to us.

Interruption in the user experience on our site. is the key phrase for me, once that is in the COC I'll be happy... Definition, once we have brought a client to our site then no one has the right to try and redirect that person from my site or loop them through an offsite system before placing them back on my site (or other site as WhenU and Gator do)

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread