Shopathomeselect updated their program/incentive description as follows:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>A shopping club that rewards members with cash back incentives. We have recently started to bundle our software with other software applications. We provide in our licensing agreements that a User agrees to clear definition of what our software does, and 2 methods on how to easily uninstall the software. Please see All of our Merchants are aware that we have the Golden Retriever software.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was holding off on expiring them, hoping they might come into compliance. It does not look like they will, so I have expired them.

Scott Marino

CJ ~ 12% commission / 60 day cookies / unlimited actions / parasite free

New York
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>When you select the site of a merchant that participates in the (SAHS) program without first going to the SAHS site, this software program will redirect you to the SAHS site where you can then link to the participating merchant's site and earn the consumer rebate which is available to SAHS members. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So they will, minimally, take any participating Merchant's organic traffic and overwrite affiliates' traffic as evidenced by screenshots and movies herein.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You may not copy the GRS software or any accompanying materials. Because the GRS software contains proprietary information of SAHS, you agree: (i) to hold in the strictest confidence all code and other elements of GRS software, (ii) not to, directly or indirectly, copy, reproduce, distribute, manufacture, duplicate, reveal, report, publish, disclose, cause to be disclosed, or otherwise transfer the GRS software to any third party, and (iii) not to make use of the GRS software other than for the permitted purposes under this Agreement.

You can't install it and test it for complaince ... serve me, I dare ya because I made movies of your software ... I feel like Cecil B De(Poel) not de Mile

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The GRS is updated periodically by communication with the SAHS site's databases. SAHS in its sole discretion may or may not automatically update the GRS on your computer, and has no obligation to provide the end user with updates. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So if an end user has a database that is not in compliance with the CoC or the LS addendum ... they have no obligation to fix that? Hmmmm (BTW I know it specifies no obligation to the end user).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The end user may terminate this License Agreement at any time by uninstalling the GRS and destroying all copies of the GRS.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok but what about the winsock that they screw with on install?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You acknowledge that the GRS software licensed hereunder is subject to the export control laws and regulations of the United States. You confirm that with respect to the GRS software, you will not export or re-export it, directly or indirectly, to any countries that are subject to United States export restrictions.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

US customers only

Thank you, wise choice.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Richmond, VA
    When it comes to that type of affiliate, I love the term "Expire."

Thank you Scott.

"Yo mamma so skinny, she hang glides with a Dorito."

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread