Folks...wanted to let you all know, we just made available a Dynamic Product Showcase Creator from affSolutions. We are jazzed!

It is available as a Smartlink in our system or you can go on over to Akiva's directory and find it there, too. I hope you'll take advantage. More great news right around the corner (hint: coupons!)

Mark-

The Second Act Dynamic PSC is located here: http://dpsc.afftools.com/secondact

Create the showcase once and never update it again - we'll take care of that for you!
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

tol' ya so . . .

good work, guys.

Oh, yeah . . . since the dPSC is brand oriented, with a separate cluster of code for each brand, it will be necessary for us to add new brands as they show up. We won't know unless you tell us.

Herb...excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean? Do you mean if we add additional brands to a particular category, you need to be notified? If that is the case, that should not be a problem (so long as you read the emails i send out!) as I typically announce things like new product lines, brands, categories, etc.

If I am not getting what you mean, please let me know.

Also, for those lurkers out there...does the fact that we are offering a dPSC appeal to you? I'm interested....thx!

Internet Cowboy
    This lurker thinks you made a good choice aned will add it to his sites today.
    I think what Herb was saying is that, since your psc updates itself dynamically, we need to know when a new category or brand is added so we can add this to our site.
    Thanks
    Scott

If you select only the category, any products added to that category, regardless of brand will automatically display.

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

I was expecting the chance to click on all brands at once, to show the full collection of products in one snippet of javascript.

Instead (assuming one wants to work by brands), it is necessary to pick off the snippets a brand at a time. This keeps the products categorized by brand, but new brands won't show up automatically.

I'll look at it from the category standpoint and see if it makes better sense for me to do it that way. Of course, if a new category comes out . . .

I am very happy to see this kind of tool showing up, by the way. It is a real help!

Akiva: will dynamic PSC show up some day for MotoLeather?

Show all the products at once? Right now they only have like 80 or so products but theoretically if they had 500 products, I doubt any consumer will want to look at a massive display of random products.

The Dynamic PSC may possibly show up for MotoLeather...

Akiva:
    I see your point; and we can limit by number of products per page, etc.

A very good tool.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    So with multiple pages how does this work if you only have some of the pages up?

Also bear in mind that search engines do not crawl this so the SEO code is a necessity IMO

quote:
    Originally posted by jackson992:
    So with multiple pages how does this work if you only have some of the pages up?

You can see what your display looks like when you generate it. That should answer your question.

I tried going thru the smartlink at CJ.com and got this:
    quote:
    SecondAct.Biz: Error! Unkown Action.
    Error: Unknown Action
    The database program received a command that it did not understand.
    | Home | View | Log Off |
    I found my way into the dPSC, but I see that the small images are the same size as the large ones. Looks like this is in need of some tweaking.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Scott, the Smartlink issue is fixed. Forgot to configure one thing

As for images, Second Act is only providing one image size in their data so both image sizes are set to display that image size.

Mark,

You may want to look into getting some thumbnail images and including them in the feed and the dPSC. With the images the size they are now, it's impossible to create a 120x600 size dPSC, which limits my use of it right now.

I should have noticed this earlier when you sent me a copy of your feed. My bad.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Let me see what i can do on the image front. Along those lines, you may be pleased to find out we swapped all .bmp images for .jpegs this weekend...lightened the load a bit!

Mark-

Wtg Mark!

Internet Cowboy
    We were told that this is a parasite-free program.
    Is this true?

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread