Ok, I admit I'm a novice here, in the middle of setting up my first site where I will link to affiliates. I'm NOT a programmer at all, so Web Merge seems to make the most sense to me. I have downloaded a trial and like the way it works. I do, however, have a few questions.

The first, and biggest issue: I'm trying to take a feed with 100 products and list them all on one page. I can get this to work, but is there a setting that allows me to generate paginated results to view 20 (or another number) at a time? Is this possible?

Second issue: The feed also lists "sections" sort of like product categories. Can Web Merge create an index page that lists all sections included in the feed and a link to each section page that would include a listing of all items in that section?

Next, do most data feeds have the same format? I will be wanting to consolidate many feeds to generate the site.

Thanks in advance for any answers to these questions!

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hollywood:
    Ok, I admit I'm a novice here, in the middle of setting up my first site where I will link to affiliates. I'm NOT a programmer at all, so Web Merge seems to make the most sense to me. I have downloaded a trial and like the way it works. I do, however, have a few questions.

The first, and biggest issue: I'm trying to take a feed with 100 products and list them all on one page. I can get this to work, but is there a setting that allows me to generate paginated results to view 20 (or another number) at a time? Is this possible?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes: see the Index Pages tab -- there's an option to create a new index page for every specified number of pages.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Second issue: The feed also lists "sections" sort of like product categories. Can Web Merge create an index page that lists all sections included in the feed and a link to each section page that would include a listing of all items in that section? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes: This is summarized in the FAQ at:
    &lt;http://www.fourthworld.com/products/...tml#nlevel&gt;

I'm working on a complete example of an affiliate-feed-driven multi-level storefront for inclusion in the next free upgrade.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Next, do most data feeds have the same format? I will be wanting to consolidate many feeds to generate the site. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would be nice, but alas it seems each vendors put their fields in a different order.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Thanks in advance for any answers to these questions!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My pleasure.

--
    Richard Gaskin
    Fourth World Media Corporation
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any database on any site

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread