any updates ???

"The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their Dreams."

I'm curious too!

I'm about to buy it, and figure I'd rather install one version rather than get 2.2 set up and then have to update to 2.3.

-- Mike

I hope it come out soon

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."

I think richard is not reading posts nowadays

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoGo:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"All men dream: but not equally.
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
    wake in the day to find that it was vanity:
    but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
    for they may act their dream with open eyes,
    to make it possible."

- T.E. Lawrence

--
    Richard Gaskin
    Fourth World Media Corporation
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any database on any site

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoGo:
    I think richard is not reading posts nowadays <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alas, that had been true. Sorry I was absent so long. I had a bad case of bad timing: during the time I'd set aside to finish the free v2.3 upgrade, a vendor I needed to get ahold of was on vacation. By the time he returned I was immersed in a number of other projects. While the war and recession have slowed product sales somewhat they've had no effect on my contracting, making up the difference but requiring the difference in my time as well. On the bright side I delivered HyperRESEARCH 2.5 recently, so if you know anyone doing qualitative research they may be pleased with what I've been up to.

I'm finishing two other applications this week, and then I get back to focusing on WebMerge 2.3. The last major task remaining on it is to create a multi-level affiliate-feed-driven example, to address the majority of questions I get from you folks.

Already completed are:

- WM-AccessLink tag builds links automatically from MS Access data fields of type Link.

- New Replace attribute for the WM-Field tag lets you perform multiple search-and replace operations on field data before it's inserted into the page.

- Debugger window lets you step through WebMerge's generation process to help diagnose errors in your templates.

- TagMaker window lets you construct WebMerge tags with your field names quickly and easily with a point-and-click interface. Great for learning to write WebMerge tags, and fast enough to be valuable for experienced users. Tags can be easily copied for pasting into your favorite HTML authoring program.

- Plug-In Tools architecture allows third parties to write custom utilities that run within WebMerge, and allows Fourth World to extend the product between releases. The Debugger and TagMaker tools use this new architecture.

- A "Made with WebMerge" notice can be optionally added to the bottom of every generated page, which also governs the inclusion of a generator tag.

NOTE: A plugin is already available to prevent generator tags in the current version 2.2 -- if you need it just drop me an email.

I'll make v2.3 available for testing just as soon as I complete that new example.

In the meantime please keep in mind that v2.3 will be another free upgrade, just like all upgrades before and all upgrades planned through v3.0. The war affected sales for a month and the recession hasn't helped, so if you've been holding off on purchasing WebMerge in anticipation of the next version, remember that there's _always_ a next version.

Take a look at the current shipping version at &lt;http://www.fourthworld.com/products/...nload.html&gt;. All features are available in the demo with no time limit; the only restriction is that the demo is limited to processing 20 records, which lets you try out just about everything it can do.

If it does what you need you can start saving time today, and it only gets easier and more flexible every few months with more free upgrades for at least a full year or more.

--
    Richard Gaskin

Richard

Are there any plans to change to the 'make new index page when' options on the index page tab.

It is possible to make a new index page when the value of a field changes, or to make a new index page when a number of rows is reached... but would be useful if could specify both of these... make a new index page when a 'field x' changes, and limit to maximum 'n' entries per index page.

Great product by the way!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    - Plug-In Tools architecture allows third parties to write custom utilities that run within WebMerge, and allows Fourth World to extend the product between releases. The Debugger and TagMaker tools use this new architecture.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmmm...I wonder what novel plugins might be developed for WebMerge?

"hmmmm...I wonder what novel plugins might be developed for WebMerge?"

Can you say TigerDirect?

Richard, care to tease us a little? If not a release date, then some features you know will be there?

Fred

You might just be a redneck if..."Your talent in the local beauty pageant was making noises with your armpit"

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by buy_online:

Can you say TigerDirect?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com

Parasite Free in 2003!

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by buy_online:
    Richard, care to tease us a little? If not a release date, then some features you know will be there?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe the most useful is the new TagMaker plug-in, which builds WM tags with a point-and-click interface which can be copied and pasted into your HTML editor. Very quick and convenient, and reduces the likelihood of typos and syntax errors.

The plug-in architecture as a whole is a nifty addition, allowing me to add new utilitie to the program without altering the main generation interface. I have more plug-ins in the works....

If I do a public beta test, will you folks actually submit reports? I ask because last year I did a public beta test for v2.0, and I had very few reports until AFTER the product was released, requiring the expensive step of rushing to get a v2.1 out the door. I'd like to deliver the most solid program possible, but with all the options it handles there's no way I can test everything myself. If you folks are up to it I'll arrange a two-week beta test period shortly.

--
    Richard Gaskin

I'd be in it for sure

Count me in Richard.

Carpe Noctem (Seize the Night)

Count me in, i'll be free through mid august if its out soon and can report issues/suggestions when I find 'em.

You know I will Richard. I will email you.

Fred

You might just be a redneck if..."Your talent in the local beauty pageant was making noises with your armpit"

Richard,

Sent you an email back on the 22nd, haven't heard anything...

Fred

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread