Hello,

I'm hoping somebody with a little more experience with webmerge might be able to help me with this problem I have.

What I would like to do is to use the IF tag but also use the number of records reached part of webmerge - so far I have had no luck.

Below is what I'm using to generate my records. It works if I set webmerge to make only one index page but if I change it so that it makes a new index page when a number of records is reached it makes the pages, but all the pages are blank.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

thank you

[WM-Record] [WM-If: Field: f11 .eq. this]

[WM-Field: f1]

[WM-Field: f2 raw]

[/WM-If]

[/WM-Record]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tamborinegal:

It works if I set webmerge to make only one index page but if I change it so that it makes a new index page when a number of records is reached it makes the pages, but all the pages are blank.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just checked again, not all the pages are blank, but it seems to have made pages for all the records including the ones that are not included (don't match the IF Field f11 eq. this)- does anyone know of a way around this?

thanks

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tamborinegal:

It works if I set webmerge to make only one index page but if I change it so that it makes a new index page when a number of records is reached it makes the pages, but all the pages are blank.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just checked again, not all the pages are blank, but it seems to have made pages for all the records including the ones that are not included (don't match the IF Field f11 eq. this)- does anyone know of a way around this?

thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The generation of pages is not governed by the WM-If tag. Any tags in a template only govern what content is included in the generated page.
    Perhaps if you use the sort option in the Sources tab to sort by the field you're using in the Index Pages tab to determine which pages are generated the problem will be resolved.

Please let me know if that doesn't resolve it for you.

--
    Richard Gaskin
    Fourth World Media Corporation
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any database on any site

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread