A little background:
    I have a FileMakerPro database that will be handling a list of over 200 companies. Those companies offer different services, (Food, Recreation, Health, Computing, etc.).

I am building my HTML pages in Dreamweaver where I have made a custom Index Template and a Detail Template to use with WebMerge in generating the website.

The Index Page has a scrolling menu which displays my database info in the form of a list of Company Names which link to their respective Detail Pages. That part of the project works fine.

What I need is a way to provide another Index that breaks my data into the services that the companies offer, and that scrolling menu should then contain links to other menus that break the Services down to their individual categories. So that a person can click on a link to Food and be presented with a menu listing JUST Food.

What I have now is a Category menu that lists groups of Services, for example the menu displays FOOD 4 times, Recreation 5 times, etc. Not Good!
    I can see that i need multiple Indexes but I'm not sure just how to do it.

You can see the site for better clarity at this address:
    http://www.novoprint.com/WM/CompanyD...ies/index.html

Thanks for any help,
    Iggy

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Iggy:
    What I have now is a Category menu that lists groups of Services, for example the menu displays FOOD 4 times, Recreation 5 times, etc. Not Good!
    I can see that i need multiple Indexes but I'm not sure just how to do it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See the page naming options in the Index Pages tab. You can have it create a new index page for each category by specifying the category field there. If your data is not already sorted by category you can have WebMerge do that for you in the Sources tab.

If you'd like entries grouped together by category but all on one page, see the WM-IndexLabel tag, and its use in the Congress contact info database example provided in the package.

--
    Richard Gaskin
    Fourth World Media Corporation
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any database on any site

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread