I'm trying to use the [WM-Record] function to insert a table into a page, all works fine except that I need to set the table width to 100%, rather than a pixel size. Setting the function to [WM-Record cols=5 width=100%] just returns an error, any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Can't you use the Tag Maker for this, and once it creates the code, just add the % sign to the 100 in the "width" attribute?

As a side not to this, when I create tables that I want used within a WM-Record, I don't include my settings in the WM Record tag, I just wrap that code around the entire table I've created in the html.

Wher is the Tag Maker? i'm using WM2.2, is this a new function in 2.3?

Thanks

I could of course re-size the tables once generated only i've about 3000 pages all with completely different tables in, some with only 5 cells, others with 100.

Yes, I think it was just included in 2.3.

But still, I don't see the reason for including those parameters in the actual WM tag. If you've created a sample table and customized where you want the thunbnail pic, more info, description, product name to be placed within, I would just wrap that Record tag around that one instance of your template layout.

I understand your point but the table that I am wanting WM to create contain only one element of data from a database as the example below:

<body>
    <p class="countytable">[WM-Record cols=5] <a href="[WM-Field: country]_holidays/[WM-Field: city]_holidays.htm" class="nav">[WM-Field:
    Hotel_City]</a> [/WM-Record] </p>
    </body>

The table is generated from a database and is then imported into another page using a [WM-Include] tag in a second database and because i'm using templates the table is put into an editable region, code as follows:

<InstanceBeginEditable name="regiontable" -->[WM-Field: table]
    <!-- InstanceEndEditable -->

The editable region is itself in a 100% table but the imported table remains "squashed" to the with of the text within the table.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread