Hi,

I noticed that in 2.3 the behaviour of the [WM-If: Field: aField <> ] command seemed to change.

I use this construct to insert things if a field is non-empty, but in 2.3 it seemed to break. It would always match, regardless of whether the field was empty or not.

I found that the operator was OK, but the behaviour of the 'Text values are in quotes' setting on the "Sources" pane had changed. Apparently, it now matters if this is set correctly.

I had this set more or less at random, even though my exports had no quotes. Checking and unchecking the box made no visual difference to the displayed data on the pane, but [WM-If: Field: aField <> ] would work or not work depending on whether I had the box checked properly.

I hope this tip/solution helps to save you some time.

Cheers!

Justin

http://www.bighoteldirectory.com/
    - built with Webmerge

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JustinUK:
    Hi,

I noticed that in 2.3 the behaviour of the [WM-If: Field: aField &lt;&gt; ] command seemed to change.

I use this construct to insert things if a field is non-empty, but in 2.3 it seemed to break. It would always match, regardless of whether the field was empty or not.

I found that the operator was OK, but the behaviour of the 'Text values are in quotes' setting on the "Sources" pane had changed. Apparently, it now matters if this is set correctly.

I had this set more or less at random, even though my exports had no quotes. Checking and unchecking the box made no visual difference to the displayed data on the pane, but [WM-If: Field: aField &lt;&gt; ] would work or not work depending on whether I had the box checked properly.

I hope this tip/solution helps to save you some time.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This was a bug in v2.2 that was fixed in v2.3. In the current version parsing of quoted text is both faster and more robust across a wider variety of formats.

In most cases all you need to do is select the preset that describes your file type and all of the demiliter settings are set appropriately for you.

If you have a file not covered by one of the preset options let me know. If I see enough files of that type I'll add another preset for it.

--
    Richard Gaskin
    Fourth World Media Corporation
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any database on any site

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread