I finally got around to downloading the updated version of WM 2.3. I was previously using the WM beta 2.3 version and everything was working fine.

In testing the upgraded version using existing tried and true templates and datafeeds I have found that extra (and unwanted) paragraph tags (<p> </p> are being inserted around data inserted by WM.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there something different in this upgrade that I am overlooking? I must be doing someting wrong, but I can't figure out what it is.

Any and all assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,

FRANK
    Baertracks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Baertracks:
    I finally got around to downloading the updated version of WM 2.3. I was previously using the WM beta 2.3 version and everything was working fine.

In testing the upgraded version using existing tried and true templates and datafeeds I have found that extra (and unwanted) paragraph tags (&lt;p&gt; &lt;/p&gt; are being inserted around data inserted by WM.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there something different in this upgrade that I am overlooking? I must be doing someting wrong, but I can't figure out what it is.

Any and all assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,

FRANK
    Baertracks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Frank,

Check the feed it'self. It may actually have the commands imbeded in a field.

Have not ever experienced that problem.

I look for the day, when every affiliate from every nation can climb to the mountain top and yell,
    'Free again, Free Again."

Today is a national day of parasite free shopping.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    If there's a tag in between the [WM-Record] and [/WM-Record] tags, it will be duplicated along with every record output.

That's not new to this update, though, I emailed Richard when it happened to me approx. 2 versions ago. He's where the answer came from...

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song

Problem solved.

I rebooted my computer, and VOILA -- no more unwanted paragraph &lt;p&gt; tags.

When in doubt - REBOOT!

Have a Creative Day!

FRANK, BeMoreCreative.com

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Baertracks,

Glad you solved it. I was going to answer to you the same as Leader, but guess no need to.

In one of my prior Tech Support Help Desk Jobs there was a guy who everybody made fun of because every time a cust would call for tech support the first thing he would say to them is "Ok, go ahead and Reboot". He was the one laughing back at them when he solved most of the tect issues in less then 2 minutes while the other guys spent 20 to 45 minutes back and forth with same cust only to at the end say "try Reboot"

Guess you win! LOL

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Baertracks:
    Problem solved.

I rebooted my computer, and VOILA -- no more unwanted paragraph &lt;p&gt; tags.

When in doubt - REBOOT!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm...very curious. If you find a way to reproduce that error please send me the recipe.

--
    Richard Gaskin
    Fourth World Media Corporation
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any database on any site

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread