I cannot select the indextemplate.html file to use as my index template in WM.
    The file was built in Dreamweaver and previews correctly in all tested browsers, however when I try to select it, the file is grayed out in the WM dialogue box.
    I have used WM in the past but have never encountered this problem.
    Any ideas?

Hi, Iggy:

I've used WM some. I'm guessing here, but maybe one of these wild guesses will be right:

On the Index Pages page in WM, you *have* to first select a folder for the index pages to be created in. Only once you've done that can you select the radio-button for "Use one template file for index pages:"

Once you've done that, you should be able to select your index file.

If that isn't it, this might be:

I've seen a similar problem with WM and Excel: If you're displaying the datafeed in Excel, WM will refuse to read it. You have to close the file in Excel first.

Perhaps something similar is happening with Dreamweaver? If that might be it, try closing the file in Dreamweaver and then see if WM will accept it.

-- Mike

"Men travel faster now, but I do not know if they go to better things."
    -- Willa Cather

"On the Index Pages page in WM, you *have* to first select a folder for the index pages to be created in."

Yup, only thing I can think of...

Fred

You might just be a Redneck if - Birds are attracted to your beard...

I am having this same problem when trying to select a "exported file" source. When trying to select a file, it is greyed out and I am unable to import it into WM. It has happened with multiple files with both the .csv file extension and the .txt extension, so the issue isn't related to one file in particular.

I resolved the issue the first time by opening the text file in Excel and resaving it. However Excel doesn't handle big files very well, and I am somewhat stuck with my current project.

Using latest version WM on OS X 10.3.2.

Could some one look into this?

Iggy and Dave;

Have you tried rebooting your computer?

Don't laugh! It worked for me the last time I encountered some strange problems with WM.

Have a Creative Day!
    FRANK, Baertracks
    Be More Creative

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Iggy:
    I cannot select the indextemplate.html file to use as my index template in WM.
    The file was built in Dreamweaver and previews correctly in all tested browsers, however when I try to select it, the file is grayed out in the WM dialogue box.
    I have used WM in the past but have never encountered this problem.
    Any ideas?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You didn't note which OS you're using, but it sounds like an issue that can occur on Apple's OS X, as they changed the file filtering mechanism in a way that is, in brief, a little wonky (don't get me started about Apple's backward compatibility on these file type issues).

The solution is to Option-click on the button that brings up that OS dialog, which removes the filter so you can select any file. The Option-click override (or Alt-click on Win) works for all file selectors throughout the program.

If you're not using a Mac let me know, as I've thus far only encountered this there.

--
    Richard Gaskin
    Fourth World Media Corporation
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any database on any site

Just as a follow-up to my previous post. I resolved the issue by opening the file in BBedit and resaving it. There definately seems to be an issue with certain files and what applications they are attached to.

It has been along time since I have done any mac coding, but maybe something do to with the file creator code?

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread