How do you get it to give you a navigation menu?

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSanf:
    How do you get it to give you a navigation menu?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What sort of navigation menu would you like?

Can you point me to an example?

--
    Richard Gaskin
    Fourth World Media Corporation
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any database on any site

OK, I was generating all the pages as index pages which worked and got the pages going. I finally figured out to make one page for the index page and tell it to do the other pages as detail pages. But, they didn't come out like they did before. However, I can use it this way with small finagling. I still think I am missing something here.

I am working on understanding this. I'll get it eventually.

Meantime, I do have a couple hundred pages for the AM that really went all out to get me the feed. I can put these together tonight and have something to show him for all his kindness to me.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

ABW Ambassador
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    Home &gt;
    SubDir &gt;
    &lt;a href="[WM-Field: ParentCategory replace(" ","-")].shtml"&gt;[WM-Field: ParentCategory]
    &lt;/a&gt; &gt; &lt;a href="[WM-Field: SubCategoryFIX
    replace(" ","-";"&","-")].shtml"&gt;
    [WM-Field: Category]&lt;/a&gt; &gt; [WM-FIELD: Title]
    </pre>

...with this code on my detail page I create a 5 level hierarchy for one feed I use. One trick is to create 'custom' fields (especially for the detail pages) so that the individual item pages are truly unique yet descriptive (no overwrites).

Affiliate-Blog.com

Cripes! How and where did you learn all that?

ABW Ambassador
    Lots and Lots of trial and error.

I've been very busy lately trying to teach myself PERL for some custom scripting work I need done so I unfortunately haven't followed through with my plans to create a set of generic templates for a particular feed. I know seeing real live samples would help some folks out. As I don't watch football perhaps that will be today's project!

Affiliate-Blog.com

ABW Ambassador
    I may catch some flak from some members of this board but...

Some newbie WM users are really struggling with creating multiple hierarchal websites with WebMerge so I have put together a package for a readily available datafeed which consists of 4 HTML files (3 index pages, 1 detail page), 3 WM 'Run' files, a basic stylesheet, a sample dataset, and a 'readme.txt' file. I've contacted Richard to see how to go about distributing the package. It's a two-tier program so the only compensation I recieve is if someone signs up in my 2nd tier like Richard suggested...See This Thread.

Affiliate-Blog.com

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread