I have been playing around with webmerge for a few days now and just can't get any results.

I find a lack of information that will walk someone new through a "typical" site. Lots of little pieces that DO NOT add up to the big picture.

The help file is really the definition of generic. Needs to be expanded to include good examples, more than 1.5 pages long. Elaborate more.

Is anyone out there willing to provide some real complete examples?

This is and has been the only real complaint about webmerge...

And, that's the bottom line because it's my2cents!

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sophist:
    I have been playing around with webmerge for a few days now and just can't get any results.

I find a lack of information that will walk someone new through a "typical" site. Lots of little pieces that DO NOT add up to the big picture.

The help file is really the definition of generic. Needs to be expanded to include good examples, more than 1.5 pages long. Elaborate more.

Is anyone out there willing to provide some real complete examples?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The current tutorial aims for providing a basic introduction to help users get oriented to working with it. Given the broad range of things people are using WebMerge for it's hard to come up with a more advanced tutorial that will be relevant to all of our customers.

However, since a number of folks here have asked for one for affiliates a new tutorial geared specifically for affiliates is being worked on now. Hopefully it will be included in v2.4, but I don't yet have a firm completion date from the Web designer building it.

Also, over the weekend I added a new Gallery to the WebMerge site to better show the range of things that can be built with it.

--
    Richard Gaskin
    Fourth World Media Corporation
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any database on any site

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread