I was thinking about putting up some of your links but went to your site and saw the huge scrolling thing on the side asking people to call in, or to click to chat.
    Do you have some kind of tracking in place for that for us affiliates? I read through your agreement on CJ and didn't see it mentioned.

ABW Ambassador
    That's exactly the same reason i never put you up. I remember saying "What is the hell is that?" Scrolling Call Toll Free, Click To Chat

If you want a clean program, the parasitic cleanup begins at home.

Hi,

We do track phone orders based on their source (site link, etc.) When those site links match affiliates, we credit orders to where they are due. It's not 100% foolproof, as sometimes the client doesn't know what site they came from. But, in the end, 98% of our orders are completed online... so the risk isn't that big.

We've been looking at the Priority Code concept and, once it's implemented and we're confident it's successful, then we'll add something to the program terms.

The click-to-chat and phone number are there to provide an additional sense of security that people are there to help if they have troubles. In most cases, people call, ask their question, then go back to the site to complete the order.

I've had this debate a few times with affiliates. Although I understand the affiliate issue, would you rather not have tracking on less than 2% of sales because of the phone number, or lose 10% or more of sales because the option isn't there?

Paul

P.S. - Is it the presence of a phone number, or the scrolling aspect that concerns you???

If it's the scrolling aspect, just avoid home-page links. More often than not, it's best to link directly to the product page anyway... correct?

Paul

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread