Hello

I have downloaded the free trial and generated the datafeed from the tuturial just fine.

However, now that I try and create html pages with my affiliate datafeed
    the information just displays as one big message with no jpgs or any kind of table order , it is just one big paragraph with the text underlined.

I have created a index page with the basic formatting that was described in this forum.

I thought maybe it was the affiliate datafeed but I downloaded another datafeed and it was the same problem?

Any Ideas ?

Thanks

Jeff

It's difficult to say without seeing your datafeed, templates, and WM settings files.

Do I understand that you got things to work properly with data from the tutorial? If so, then try copying a copy records from your affiliate datafeed into WM datafeed to see what results you get.

Posting your template coding and results might also help us make a diagnosis. Or, if you perfer not to post this information, send me a private message to take a look.

Have a Creative Day!
    FRANK, Baertracks
    Be More Creative

I got her working now..there were no setting for a double pipefeed , so I had to adjust the settings ||

Anyways , now I wondering about the index page.

I just wanted to create a single simple category list where everything was displayed under there correspnding category.

How it looks now :
    Telephones > AT&T
    Telephones > Uniden
    Telephones > Panasonic

How I would like it to look:
    Computers
    Telephones
    Cameras
    etc

I assume that I will have to create another index page with sub-categories ?

This is my current index script :
    [WM-RECORD]<p>[WM-IndexLabel: CATEGORY]<p>
    [WM-FIELD: CATEGORY] <p>
    [/WM-IndexLabel][/WM-Record]
    [WM-LinkIndex]Back to List[/WM-LinkIndex]

Any tips would be appreciated

Thanks
    Jeff

This is my main index page created with just 20 files

http://computer-gaming-system.com/store/index.html

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff;

Nice Work! It looks like you are getting the hang of WM. Upgrade to the full program and you will enjoy seeing it process 1,000 records a minute.

Yep, you will need to create a subcategory field (if it does not already exist) and a subcategory template to create the multi-tiered Website.

You might also consider using the WM table generation function to create a multi-column table for displaying products subcategories on the category pages and products on the subcategory pages. You can adjust the number of columns and table width using, for example, [WM-RECORD cols=3 width=800].

Have a Creative Day!
    FRANK, Baertracks
    Be More Creative

Frank

Thanks, I purchased the full version last night , just didnt want to upload everything until I figure out the index page .

Let me see if I got the instructions right for creating multi index pages.

1) I would create a basic template as I have already done ( index ) and ( detail )I just want the differ categories to show up on the main index page

2) Then I would have to re-run webmerge and use a different index template that I made to show all the products in the categories on one page? but I could still use the same detail template ?

Hmmmm, ok , I know this is easy but the directory structure is making me suffer, of course, this beer isnt helping matters.

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff;

To create a website with four levels (index, category, subcategory, and detail products) you need FOUR templates (one for each level) and THREE different webmerge settings files. Each WM setting files creates two pages. Each one uses the same "detail template".

As you run the three WM settings files sucessively (using the generation tab helps automate the process), they create two levels at a time, i.e., (1) index & detail (temporary), (2) category & detail (temporary), and (3) subcategory & detail (final). There is a more detailed explanation of this process in "Lessons Learned in Using WebMerge."

If after reading "Lessons Learned" and experimenting, you still are having problems getting the result that you want, let me know via a private message and we exchange some more specific information.

Have a Creative Day!
    FRANK, Baertracks
    Be More Creative

Frank

Thanks Alot, I will tackle this tomorrow

Jeff

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread