Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    I would like to know if people believe that Webmerge is worth the $79 that it costs? (do ABW members get a discount?)
    I know that Scripts4yoursite offer scripts to handle datafeeds, but they are $100 each (I vaguely remember seeing that they cost $50 for ABW members, but I may be wrong)
    However, even $50 a time can work out to be very expensive.
    I am a programmer deep down (very deep), and I would love to be able to code myself, and I will learn.
    However, I would like to know if Webmerge is good enough to handle all types of datafeeds.
    I have used the demo, and can create good looking pages for the Mondera datafeeds that I can get.
    I would much rather do it myself, but that is going to take quite a bit of time. I don't want to buy the scripts. So Webmerge seems a good alternative.
    Does anyone have any advice? Is Webmerge really worth it? $79 isn't a lot of money if I can generate static pages from datafeeds

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Affiliate Manager
    In my opinion as an affiliate- absolutely.

Are you an IAN affiliate? We do have a discount available for our affiliates- just send me a note.

Jessica Hutson
    Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network
    http://affiliate.travelnow.com/affiliates/home.jsp

ABW Ambassador
    I wrote my own generator and while I've spent a great deal of time on it (1000's of hours), I wouldn't trade it in for WebMerge at all. I'll proudly state that mine kicks their butt!

If you have the skills, patience and creativity to implement solutions better than what WebMerge offers.... Write it yourself otherwise, at $79 for software + support + upgrades, he's giving it away. If you don't think you can make many times more than that from the additional pages you generate then you shouldn't even consider it.

I have generated thousands of pages of content with WebMerge, I think it is awesome. The only catch is that it generates static pages that need to be updated. Additionally, it takes more storage space on your server (to store the pages you have created). The upside with that is you then have lots of pages for the SE's to spider

With the next release you will also see some amazing functionality, it's really a good deal. The only reason not to get it, is as happypoon says - you are really good with code (PHP or perl), and you have lots of time to develop your own generator, or scripts that interpret the feeds and generate pages on the fly.

It is a steal, go get it.

Fred

"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?" Steven Wright

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'll second the other comments. The only way I can think of to beat WM is if you wrote your own!

Personally I'd rather think up ad spin instead of code.

~Revenue is King

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    The software rocks...

I have been working with Richard and the next release will blow you away...

Look for a TigerDirect/Webmerge package at a website near you . . .

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com

Parasite Free in 2003!

Any idea *when* the next release will be?

-- Mike

Yes, don't tease us. When?

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

ABW Ambassador
    WebMerge is a very nice little program (just bough it the other day) and well worth the money. I'm still working the kinks out of it (and really am looking forward to the upgrade - free upgrades for the first year), but if you don't know database stuff, it is the way to go.

Eventually, I too need to learn programming - probably Colf Fusion at it came with the Studio MX package. But, that will take many months to learn. Until then, there is WebMerge!!

Jim

WebMerge rocks! How else can you build a 10,000 page site in 10 minutes that's customized, SE friendly and brings in thousands in revenue... it's a steal!

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager
    <TABLE BORDER=0 cellspacing=2 width=500><TR><TD> <FONT SIZE=1>EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! < </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=1>SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! < </TD></TR></TABLE>

ABW Ambassador
    I have been playing around with the trial version, and it is wonderful once you figure out how to incorporate the data into your own template.
    I like the idea of static pages, as it is easy to make those pages unique, and thus good food for the Google spider.
    The great thing about making more money is that we can finally move house. The down side is that we have to come up with a lot of money this month. I therefore cannot buy Webmerge yet
    Next month though definately
    I just need to find out who offers datafeeds that are free.
    I find it utterly rediculous that some merchants charge for datafeeds.

Between now and then I can create a decent template for use with Webmerge.

cjshoppingnetwork,

I'm willing to pay for half of your copy of WebMerge right now if you create a site for both EssentialApparel.com and SportsFanfare.com. I personally will deliver both datafeeds to you and set them up so that you can easily use them with WebMerge. Field headers etc. How about it? Email me if you wanna have a go.

Akiva Bergstrom
    <TABLE BORDER=0 cellspacing=2 width=500><TR><TD> <FONT SIZE=1>EssentialApparel.com
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! < </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=1>SportsFanfare.com
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! < </TD></TR></TABLE>

Affiliate Manager
    CJShopping- with the $20 off for joing IAN and the offer from Akiva- your cost just went down to almost nothing!

Jessica Hutson
    Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network
    http://affiliate.travelnow.com/affiliates/home.jsp

ABW Ambassador
    $20 off? Please can you tell me more about that?
    Thank you Akiva. I will e-mail you

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    We purchased a copy.
    Even though paid about 55% more due to exchange rate for CDN $ to US $ it has been worth it.
    Assuming it will be worth it, still waiting for google to get its act together and get sites listed. Incoome from sales will make it up as has the time saved which has probably recouped most of the costs already.

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    I'll second the other comments. The only way I can think of to beat WM is if you wrote your own!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, but consider the opportunity cost: if a programmer bills her time for even as little as $50/hr, she'd have to recreate the functionality of WebMerge in about 90 minutes just to break even.

Of course if you have custom needs more urgent than I can support with new features, rolling your own is the best way to go.

But if you have the skills to build that sort of thing affordably, is that the most cost-effective application of those skills? What other value-adding tools could you be inventing?

Way back when I used to write a lot of the software I used. It was fun, and I learned a lot about making a word processor, database, drawing program, etc. But eventually it became a distraction from work for paying clients, who tend to hire folks like me to build vertical market stuff because they already have a robust, tested, and supported word processor, database, and drawing program.

--
    Richard Gaskin
    Fourth World Media Corporation
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any database on any site

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Akiva:
    WebMerge rocks! How else can you build a 10,000 page site in 10 minutes that's customized, SE friendly and brings in thousands in revenue...It's a steal!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hear that a lot. Am I charging too little for it?

--
    Richard Gaskin

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 7-days:
    Yes, don't tease us. When?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm...will "soon" suffice?

Begging the indulgence of the good folks here, yes, it's taken much longer to wrap up v2.3 than I anticipated (much longer than I prefer). But for good reason, and while there's still plenty of features I'm anxious to add for v2.4, this next free upgrade has some useful stuff.

I'll cover this more in the thread titled "When is v2.3 coming?"....

--
    Richard Gaskin

All:

Part of the equation about buying WM is that Richard's support is extremely good.

I e-mailed him a bit earlier today (Sunday, on a 3-day weekend) about the plug-in that will eliminate the "generated by" text that version 2.2 inserts into the pages.

He sent me the plug-in within an hour. Can't beat service like that!

-- Mike

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjshoppingnetwork:
    I would like to know if people believe that Webmerge is worth the $79 that it costs?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YEP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I know that Scripts4yoursite offer scripts to handle datafeeds, but they are $100 each (I vaguely remember seeing that they cost $50 for ABW members, but I may be wrong)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...personally I don't feel the cost of the scripts themselves are unreasonable. But most of the scripts are designed to work with Link Share and I personally resent the fee that LS wants to enable datafeed access.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I personally resent the fee that LS wants to enable datafeed access.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen to that! There are tons of other datafeeds out there and I won't consider LS until all the rest are all dried up or they change their policy or set waivers based on at least on some sort of sales treshold.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeO:
    All:

Part of the equation about buying WM is that Richard's support is extremely good.

I e-mailed him a bit earlier today (Sunday, on a 3-day weekend) about the plug-in that will eliminate the "generated by" text that version 2.2 inserts into the pages.

He sent me the plug-in within an hour. Can't beat service like that!

-- Mike<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

An hour, it only took him 5 mins to send me the plug-in. Yes you can't beat that kind of after sales service.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Akiva:
    cjshoppingnetwork,

I'm willing to pay for half of your copy of WebMerge right now if you create a site for both EssentialApparel.com and SportsFanfare.com. I personally will deliver both datafeeds to you and set them up so that you can easily use them with WebMerge. Field headers etc. How about it? Email me if you wanna have a go.

Akiva Bergstrom
    &lt;TABLE BORDER=0 cellspacing=2 width=500&gt;&lt;TR&gt;&lt;TD&gt; &lt;FONT SIZE=1&gt;_http://www.essentialapparel.com/_
    _Email:_ akiva@essentialapparel.com
    _Phone:_ 973.696.6200 ext 751
    https://members.cj.com/member/accoun...tiserId=763447 &lt;/TD&gt;&lt;TD&gt;&lt;FONT SIZE=1&gt;_http://www.sportsfanfare.com/_
    _Email:_ akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    _AIM:_ akivabergs
    https://members.cj.com/member/accoun...iserId=1174844 &lt;/TD&gt;&lt;/TR&gt;&lt;/TABLE&gt;<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

good day akiva,

is this offer exclusively for cjshoppingnetwork only? if not, i would like to avail of the offer if possible.

or is there any other merchants whois willing to make similar offer such as this?

i managed to succesfully create a neat site, with index page, details pages, proper navigation links, images, etc, using the datafeeds of a few ABW merchants with the webmerge trial software.

As any business grows, the cose of maintaining an affiliate business alse increases, web hosting, domains, broadband internet, etc.. i would appreciate any help from merchants whos willing to lend a helping hand on startup affiliates such as me.

thanks.

prix

I am not sure if datafeed is what we are looking to do. I want to build a comparison engine within our sites new mall at http://www.mystanky.com/index.html within our shopping area. The mall section to the site is rough and only up 2 days. We would like to pull prices from different merchants that deal with each specific category(like bizrate / shopping.com / pricegrabber) I seen a site campusi.com doing what we need. Anyone recommend a programming language, script or other info that may help us in our journey.

Thanks....Steve

We Don't Stink!!

Now its costing US$99 -

No way - not till the documentatiojn is brought up to scratch. The very fact I am here looking for answers to what are essentially basic issues indicated documentation is sub-standard and as a result not at a retail ready stage.

I'll not buy it (even if I can get more than one record to show on a page) till the help files are improved to cover 100% of support aspects AND are part of the file - not remotely hosted on the web.

Also very resource hungry

M

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast