I thought Paying customers get the next version or update free? Please let me know if I am correct.

Thanks,
    Doug

Bye!

I believe that updates in thecurrent 2.x version are free.

There will, however, be an upgrade cost when the next major upgrade (version 3.0) is released.

Have a Creative Day!
    FRANK, Baertracks
    Be More Creative

How do I get the upgrade?? I Downloaded 2.3 and installed it a while ago and it is still considered un registered.

Thanks,
    DOug

Bye!

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    only if you purchased it back in december and if you purchased at 79.00 price before the price increase, then you will receive new version and updates free

Version 2.3 is the current UPGRADED version.

After you purchased WebMerge, you should have received a "key" from Richard via Email that you insert into the progam to "register" it.

Have a Creative Day!
    FRANK, Baertracks
    Be More Creative

I though we had 12 months of free upgrades from the time of our first purchase?

So if version 3 comes out before our 12 months is up, do we get it free or not?

Also - how much do upgrades cost?

I am assuming that an upgrade wouldn't cost the same amount as a first time purchase.

My experience with other software companies is that you would receive a free MAJOR upgrade only if you purchased the software within one to three months prior to the major upgrade.

However, don't quote me on this. Richard naturally has the final say on this issue.

Have a Creative Day!
    FRANK, Baertracks
    Be More Creative

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiebreaker:
    I though we had 12 months of free upgrades from the time of our first purchase?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you do.

Fourth World has one of the most liberal upgrade policies in the industry: in three years with more than a dozen upgrades, every one of them has been free.

All paid customers of any earlier version of WebMerge can get the latest version at no charge -- just download it and use your WebMerge 2.2 license key.

If you're v2.2 license key is an old one (issued prior to April 1, 2003) just drop me a note with your old license key as instructed on the download page and you get an upgraded license key for free.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>So if version 3 comes out before our 12 months is up, do we get it free or not?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most software companies offer a free upgrade only when the purchase was within 30 days of a new release. Some companies go further to 90 days. We beat 'em both:

The official policy is that all upgrades within a year of purchase are absolutely free to you.

But really it's even better than that:

We won't be charging for upgrades until we ship v3.0, so all customers will get v2.4 for free regardless of when they purchased.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Also - how much do upgrades cost?

I am assuming that an upgrade wouldn't cost the same amount as a first time purchase.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While the upgrade price for v3.0 has not yet been determined yet (heck, I'm still developing v2.4), you can rest assured that it will be much lower than the purchase price.

While our customers regularly tell us we charge too little and have expressed enthusiastic appreciation for three years of free upgrades, we will never even consider taking advantage of the goodwill generated by all this free work. I don't just make software, but I buy a lot of it too -- I'm very sensitive to these things as a customer, and carry that over to my role as vendor.

The base price of the product is below what the market suggests we should be charging, and I will maintain the goal of delivering a far-better-than-industry-average value for upgrade pricing as well.

--
    Richard Gaskin
    Fourth World Media Corporation
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any database on any site

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread