When I click the ‘Folder…’ button to tell Webmerge were to put the files it is building it takes several minutes for my folder tree to build out. Then it takes a couple more minutes every time I drill down a level. I don’t think this is specifically a WebMerge problem. Maybe it’s bogging down because I have so many files in the folders. But what ever the reason, it sure makes using WebMerge a tedious experience. Does anyone else have this problem or have any ideas how to correct it?

Yes, I've noticed the same problem. I think that it is a Windows problem, not a WebMerge problem. When you have a couple of thousand files in the same directory it can take Windows explorer quite a while to view them (or delete them).

My approach during the testing and configuration stage of creating a website is to use the WebMerge test run feature to limit the number of files.

By the way, if you use WM to create nested folders for your detail product files you will not have this problem since windows will only have to read the number of directories (and a few catetory files) in your output folder.

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Baertracks:
    Yes, I've noticed the same problem. I think that it is a Windows problem, not a WebMerge problem. When you have a couple of thousand files in the same directory it can take Windows explorer quite a while to view them (or delete them). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yes it does. Fortunately in v2.4 I'm adding drag-and-drop, so you can assign folders and files by just dragging them from the Explorer into the appropriate WebMerge control -- no selection dialog neeeded.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread