Anyone using Adobe GoLive5 for web site creation? Any suggestions for using that program's 'Point & Shoot' feature for setting up template pages? How about 'tables' and 'images'? Building a page with GoLive5 is so easy, but trying to get WebMerge to work with the pages is driving me nuts. Any help appreciated.
    Thanks y'all

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrskip:
    Anyone using Adobe GoLive5 for web site creation? Any suggestions for using that program's 'Point & Shoot' feature for setting up template pages? How about 'tables' and 'images'? Building a page with GoLive5 is so easy, but trying to get WebMerge to work with the pages is driving me nuts. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All of WebMerge's examples and the Fourth World web site were made with GoLive. I've been a beta tester for Adobe for the last three versions and I'm pretty happy with it.

Remember that WebMerge templates are just HTML pages with additional tags instructing WebMerge on what to do with database content. So all of the GoLive conveniences like point-and-shoot are all there for you.

For adding WebMerge tags, take a look at the TagMaker tool added in v2.3. It allows you to simply point-and-click your way through constructing tags, and has a Copy button so you can then paste the tag into GoLive's source mode.

I'd considerd making a GoLive palette window for WM tags, but then I'd need to make a different one for Dreamweaver, FrontPage, and other HTML editors. Too much work -- so I just built one right into the program, and if you work with GL and WM open at the same time it's pretty convenient.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread