I am not quite sure why my detail pages are being created as files within folders with the same name, one per folder.

The folder where I specify the detail pages to be generated has 100's of folders, all with the 1 actual detail page html file inside.

Why would that happen?

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jsegal:
    I am not quite sure why my detail pages are being created as files within folders with the same name, one per folder.

The folder where I specify the detail pages to be generated has 100's of folders, all with the 1 actual detail page html file inside.

Why would that happen? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi,

Kill the forward slash "/" in your column you are using to name the files. In WM, the "/" is used as a way to create a directory....

Hope that helped...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

=================
    my detail pages are being created as files within folders with the same name, one per folder.
    =================

As Andy has noted, this is generally a problem related to a "/" in the Category or SubCategory field when that field is used in your WM settings file to create a file name.

For a bit more information on this problem you might want to take a look at my online tutorial, Frank's WebMege tutorial. Some people actually WANT to create a website with those kind of folders.

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jsegal:

Why would that happen? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In UNIX the "/" character denotes a folder in the file path. WebMerge honors this, allowing you to create subfolders on the fly from file names.

From the section of the WebMerge Help pages on the Detail Pages and Index Pages tabs, where file name options are set:

-----------------------------------------

If the field you specify for the file name contains a standard UNIX folder name (separated by "/") before the file name (e.g., "myfolder/filename") it will create the specified subfolder as it creates the file. These can even be several levels deep if you like, using something like this:

subfolder/anotherfolder/page001

That data will generate a file named "page001.html" inside of a folder named "another folder", inside of a folder named "subfolder".

-----------------------------------------
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread