Is there a way in WM to skip over a record. In a case where I am generating from a data feed, and I only want webmerge to procss records that are under a specic specific category within the data feed.

I am aware that I can accomplish this by presorting the data in excel or something of the like. But it would be so much easier and a little more of an automated process if there was a way to validate each record as a record I want to process.

Something like "If [wm-field: category] is = to "electoincs", merge record, other wise move on to the next record". Creating a loop that will go through the entire feed until EOF.

Any takers? If this is not possible maybe it could be an addition to the functionality in releases to come.

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dak142:
    Is there a way in WM to skip over a record. In a case where I am generating from a data feed, and I only want webmerge to procss records that are under a specic specific category within the data feed.

I am aware that I can accomplish this by presorting the data in excel or something of the like. But it would be so much easier and a little more of an automated process if there was a way to validate each record as a record I want to process.

Something like "If [wm-field: category] is = to "electoincs", merge record, other wise move on to the next record". Creating a loop that will go through the entire feed until EOF.

Any takers? If this is not possible maybe it could be an addition to the functionality in releases to come. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the best solutuion for this would be a query engine, where you could specify criteria for subsets of records to be processed.

That engine is completed, and will be included in v3.0.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

When will this version be released?

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dak142:
    When will this version be released? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have no specific release date at the moment. Between here and there we have at least one major feature release scheduled.

I would like to estimate v3.0 for sometime toward the end of the year, but many factors can affect development cycles so that's not written in stone.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread