After going thru Franks tutorial and buying webmerge, it was fairly easy to put together a four tiered site. However, what I would like to do in a sense is remove the detail page and have all the subcategory links/thumbnails go directly to the merchant's site. I think I've tried every possible WM tag but can't seem to get this right. Any ideas?
    Thanks

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spencer:
    After going thru Franks tutorial and buying webmerge, it was fairly easy to put together a four tiered site. However, what I would like to do in a sense is remove the detail page and have all the subcategory links/thumbnails go directly to the merchant's site. I think I've tried every possible WM tag but can't seem to get this right. Any ideas?
    Thanks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What exactly is happening?

It might be useful to review the section on the noLink and raw attributes in the WM Help page on the WM-Field tag.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

I'll check those out again and see if I can figure it out. In short, when viewing the source of the created page, the merchant buyurl is visible and shows an href link like &lt;a href="&lt;a href.... something to that effect. I don't know why it is creating two &lt;a tags, but I'll see if the tutorial can shed some light.
    Thanks

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spencer:
    I'll check those out again and see if I can figure it out. In short, when viewing the source of the created page, the merchant buyurl is visible and shows an href link like &lt;a href="&lt;a href.... something to that effect. I don't know why it is creating two &lt;a tags, but I'll see if the tutorial can shed some light.
    Thanks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From the WM Help page on the WM-Field tag:
    ----------------
    Using the nolink attribute
    When used in an index template, by default WebMerge generates all WM-Field tags as links to the corresponding detail page. The optional nolink attribute is used in index pages to tell WebMerge to write the tag without linking it to that detail page. If used in a detail page template, the nolink attribute is ignored.
    ---------------
    Richard Gaskin

Thanks. I had messed up on my nolink attributes but fixed it. Works great now.

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks. I had messed up on my nolink attributes but fixed it. Works great now. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad to hear that's working well.

As mentioned in another thread, I found a way to simplify working with nolink tags in an upcoming version, so it'll get even easier going forward.
    Richard Gaskin

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread