My datafeed has no keyword category! Does this mean I'm going to have to go in and insert keywords line by line for all 3200 products? I'm sure it will hurt me as far as search engines go.

ABW Ambassador
    What merchant datafeed are you refering to?

Rockler.

http and a telephoto
    I use one of the other columns for keywords if none is specified in the feed, most feeds do not have a specific keyword category.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

You might consider using the CONCATENATE function within Excel to "merge" several exising fields (like Category, SubCategory, Color, Product ID, etc) to create a new comma delimited keyword field. There are some instructions on doing this posted elsewhere in this discussion group and in my tutorial (Creating a FOUR-Tier Website using WebMerge with files nested into directories and subdirectories).

Including the "description" field in the above would also work if you don't mind having a possible duplication of terms and/or the inclusion of misc words (a, the, and, etc).

There may also be some techniques that you could use to "clean" the description field and extract jsut the keywords. These would get a bit cumbersome, but would probably be worth the effort.

You might also take a look at the free keyword extractor product.
    http://www.analogx.com/contents/down...work/keyex.htm

I have never used this product, however I see from a previous post that Fred has used it. Perhaps you could PM him for some advice.

I actually haven't used the keyword extractor, but your previous post does hold the key (pardon the pun), to generating keywords on the fly.

This can be done in Excel (the best way, but not the fastest), or you can do it during your build - on the fly, by combining or stacking the wm-tags in the keywords meta-tag. This is actually kind of a secret , hope it helps.

Fred

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread