Hi guys. We are enjoying the product so far. However here is my problem.

Our webpages use many nested tables. I'm trying to list my products in two columns using the col tag. I have this working on a blank test page. However when I try using it in our regular pages (the ones will all the nested tables) it gets all screwed up. Images are getting placed in wierd places, text is getting shifted to wierd places, etc.

Now, having said all that. If I load the page into Dreamweaver it works just fine. Dreamweaver seams to be able to fix the page for me some how. I know this because if I load up the page, then immediately close the page, Dreamweaver asks if I want to save the changes. So it obviously has done something.

Does anyone have ideas what I might be able to do? Even some kind of dirty work-around would be ok because the boss really wants the pages to look like this. Re-designing the pages is not an option however.

Thanks

Shane

No the table creation feature is not perfect.

You need extra tags to seal off any damage that may occur from the tables created.

Specifically, try adding an extra </td></tr></table> to your template at the end of the coding where you are creating that table.

You can also search this dicussion group for other postings that discuss this problem.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Specifically, try adding an extra &lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt; to your template at the end of the coding where you are creating that table. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I had to get very creative, but I got it working. Basically I had to add &lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt; to two different spots to fix the two images that were misplaced. Also, in order to fix my text being out of place I needed to make two [WM-Record col=2] tags. One was blank and the other had the real info in it.

Thank you guys for the quick help!

Shane

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread