ya know - I have overcome so many problems (with everyone's help of course) that I press on thinking that I am almost there. Almost ready to publish. Then a NEW problem comes along and I feel like I am back to square one again. URGH!! Will I ever get this ready???

Here is my newest - my last page of the string of pages is Product detail. Now the url is:
    http://www.mysite.com/subcategory/it..._site.com/item.

Why is this happening? This didn't happen before - it used to work beautifully!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

I don't quite follow your problem.

Is that URL supposed to be the URL to your detailed page, i.e. the link from the Subcategory index page?

Or, is that URL supposed to be the URL from the detailed page to the your affiliate merchant site, i.e., the "Buy Now" link?

It sounds like the field that you selected within the WM settings file may have changed. Doublecheck those settings.

Sometimes if you make changes to your datafeed (like adding a new field/column), you may also need to go back and adjust the WM settings.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Or, is that URL supposed to be the URL from the detailed page to the your affiliate merchant site, i.e., the "Buy Now" link?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES!

-Christopher Morley

Sounds like a problem with the coding. Is WM creating that link or did you manually create the link?

If WM is creating the link, then try using (or removing) the "raw" part of the tag.

Otherwise, I'd need to see the coding for that link to help you out. You can either post it, or send it to me in a private message.

FRANK

It was a problem with the coding. I think the problem was that I was using FrontPage. I have now switched to an html editor and writing straight html and I am not having the problems I was having.

Buh bye FP!!

-Christopher Morley

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zimmy:
    It was a problem with the coding. I think the problem was that I was using FrontPage. I have now switched to an html editor and writing straight html and I am not having the problems I was having.

Buh bye FP!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FP has an option to not mess up code. I don't know the program well enough to point you directly to it, but there's something in preferences which should direct it to not "correct" HMTL input by hand.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread