And this was my response to them. Not sure if it was sent because cj's system timed out on me.

Hobbytron.com

I received an e-mail asking me to join. I apply. You reject my application without explanation.

I resent it. I resent the spam you sent me. I'm sorry, but I will give your program bad PR and trust me, I get a lot more traffic on my sites than cj or other rating systems might make apparent.

If you don't want people to join, stop spamming!!!

Charles Peters

Actually, if they had given explanation rather than just a form rejection it probably would have been so lame it would have made me even more angry. Regardless, automated e-mails, automated rejections, automated BS.

Comapnies, spend a little money and get some real people working for you rather than just depending on bots. If you deal with your customers like you deal with your publishers I don't want my traffic, which are real people I deal with, shopping with you. They shop with me
    and I don't want to risk them getting Po'ed by you.

If you aren't a good company with a serious proposal please don't waste my time sending me an e-mail.

Internet Cowboy
    You're not missing anything at Hobbytron. They convert poorly and their data feed is a mess.

ditto about hobbytron, be happy they rejected you.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well they won't be getting another click from my savvy shoppers as they'll cut you off at the knees even if you exceed their pathetic EPC.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Yeah, I kind of figured it worked out for the best.

Thanks for confirming.

Chuck

well, it aint that bad. last month i got a 90 buck commish from them.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by scohaz:
    You're not missing anything at Hobbytron. They convert poorly and their data feed is a mess.

I agree with that. I never did well with them.

Internet Cowboy
    I do a fair amount of business with them, only because they are the only player. EHobbies is even worse than Hobbytron.
    I sure wish we had a good hobby merchant. They could clean up!

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by scohaz:
    I sure wish we had a good hobby merchant. They could clean up!

Yes I agree. That is an area that is really lacking.

Surprising isn't it. My 2 nephews soon going into the Air Force spend thousands per year on RC boats -planes and even a hilocopter. Thank God they get a big discount buying through my sisters local Toy/Hobby shop.

I tried clueing in Overstock for 2 years to kick their Toy and Hobby buyer in the butt. No avail as some there are brain dead in various categories.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ecom

Why don't you put your sister's shop online?

If she has already found some good suppliers that is already part of the work done.

Chuck

She married rich and it's a quaint Grosse Pointe shop that still gives out real chocolate candies and free gormet coffee at the checkout area. She's been approached and doesn't want in with the shipping, OOS, a return hassles.

Your sister sounds like a smart lady. She is right about the shipping and especially when trying to run a store.

Chuck

Her only real comment was how she should go about trying to get her two shop foor workers to accept a commission offered by the online Hobby/Toy merchants. They'd quit in a heartbeat.

Internet Cowboy
    As for hobbies, I have tried approaching local hobby stores and other hobby stores to start some kind of affiliate program, even if just for me to use.
    I have a hobby related web site that gets great traffic and is high in the serps. Unfortunately, I have to rely on hobbytron and their pitiful conversion and sloppy data feed.
    Anyone in here a really good salesperson for CJ, SAS or any others? Get TowerHobbies.com to sign up with an affiliate program and you would be my BEST FRIEND! They have the right stuff, priced right (although really no cheaper than anyone else) and they have been in the catalog sales business for 30 years.
    Maybe some of the sales folks from CJ will see that.

Ya, that would be nice..

Or, it would be nice if HobbyTron would just wake up and realize that they could make some serious money if they could convert (well, they probably do CONVERT.. but I mean convert into commissions for affiliates..)

I set up a site dedicated to their stuff and have thus far received over 70,000 clicks to my site and have only converted that into a handful of confirmed sales from them (shame on me...of course).

If a TRUE merchant wants those figures then they will obide by the COC and either have their own in-house program recognized or get started with CJ legitimatly and let us have a part of the pie. In the interim time, avoid HobbyTron cuz they suck in conversions..

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread