Ok, this is my dilemma.

I want to name some files with the ! character at the beginning of the filename as it is pulled from the datafeed. In the feed, the ! character is already included, and I use that column as the "Name based on contents of field" to create these files.

The problem arises, because webmerge changes the ! character in the filename to - (dash). Is there (or will there be in the future) a way to do this? I currently have a work around, but I'm not happy with the work arounds results.

For those that wonder why I want to do it this way, these particular files show up at the top of WS-FTP when I'm uploading them, so it's easier to manage them.

Thanks!
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I don't know about the ! character, but I've found that numbers also appear at the top of a list.

So if you add a few zeroes in front of the file names, it should make them come up on top, too...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Yeah, that's my current work around.
    Scott
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

That's spooky!

Here I thought I was the only person in the world who adds "00-" to the front of the filenames I want to show up at the start of the directory contents listing.

I usually add that to WM templates, the datafeed I'm using, and a comment file that discusses what I've done to the DF to clean it up prior to using it.

-- Mike
    A joy shared is a joy doubled.
    A burden shared is a burden lightened.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeO:
    I usually add that to WM templates, the datafeed I'm using, and a comment file that discusses what I've done to the DF to clean it up prior to using it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I have a spreadsheet with all the things I do to a feed to clean it up. I call it my "To Do List." What's real fun, is when you can turn that list into a macro within excel, and all you have to do is click a button and your done tweaking the feed
    Scott

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread