Been working on this for 3 hours and I want to go to bed now, maybe someone here will know the answer.

I am using the below tags, they are for my main index page. The Category tag references the top level category, many of which are more than one word and is creating my problem. For some reason, something to the effect of "%20" is replacing the spaces between the words when what I want to go there is a hypen. This is messing up all my links. The one word links are functioning correctly, because they are one word.

What do I need to do, I am totally stumped?

<p>[WM-Record]
    [WM-IndexLabel: Category]<a href="Overstock-Computers-Home-Office/[WM-Field: Category nolink].php" title="[WM-Field: Category nolink]">[WM-Field: Category nolink]</a><br>
    [/WM-IndexLabel]
    [/WM-Record]
    </p>

add replace(" ","-") to the link part... See below<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>&lt;p&gt;[WM-Record]
    [WM-IndexLabel: Category]&lt;a href="Overstock-Computers-Home-Office/[WM-Field: Category nolink replace(" ","-")].php" title="[WM-Field: Category nolink]"&gt;[WM-Field: Category nolink]&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;
    [/WM-IndexLabel]
    [/WM-Record]
    &lt;/p&gt; <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>what it does is changes the [space] to a hyphen when it finds them. If the merchant uses an underscore, replace the hyphen with that

Ok, that fixed part of my problem, thank you! I am now having problems with "&" and "/". Can I have more than one replace tag in the same line?

I put three in the same line (one for spaces, one for "&" and one for "/") but only the first replace worked, without editing the feed, what else can I do to make this work?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dak142:
    Ok, that fixed part of my problem, thank you! I am now having problems with "&" and "/". Can I have more than one replace tag in the same line?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    change the replace(" ","-") to replace(" ","-";"&","-";"/","-")

You can have multiple pair values for replaceing, and each pair must be seperated by a semi-colon ;

As far as I'm aware, there is no limit on the amount of things you can replace in one pass.

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dak142:

I put three in the same line (one for spaces, one for "&" and one for "/") but only the first replace worked, without editing the feed, what else can I do to make this work? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"&" and "/" have special meanings on Web servers, and cannot be used in file names.

I could add a new attribute for v2.4 which uses character entities instead, but the simplest and most reliable solution is to use a different field containing a unique identifier, such as a product ID field.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

At this point, I would normally go into Excel and massage it a little (removing the unwanted crap).

But that's more work.

Fred

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread