I use the below replace command to filter out what I felt were causing 404 error pages in my links/paths. I have cut down on them but there are still some out there. I now believe I may be filtering something out that webmerge does not when it names a file based on the field. Thus causing my index page links to call a file that was named slightly different under the details tab. I feel it may be the "/", but can not seem to get this straingtened out, anyone have a clue as to what may be causing this problem?

replace(" ","-";"&","-";"/","-";"(","-";")","-")].php

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dak142:
    I use the below replace command to filter out what I felt were causing 404 error pages in my links/paths. I have cut down on them but there are still some out there. I now believe I may be filtering something out that webmerge does not when it names a file based on the field. Thus causing my index page links to call a file that was named slightly different under the details tab. I feel it may be the "/", but can not seem to get this straingtened out, anyone have a clue as to what may be causing this problem?

replace(" ","-";"&","-";"/","-";"(","-";")","-")].php <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there a simple product ID field you could use instead?

What does the data in that field look like?
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Ok, had some time to do experimentation and here is what I found. The replacing the "/" was a bad idea, it works just fine when left alone.

But I did discover that you can not replace "(" or ")". When you use the replace command it will look at the ")" as the end of the statment rather than someting to replace. Hence, ending the opertion right there and then. Other than changing to another field for naming or cleaning the data prior, does anyone know a way around this. This looks like my last hurdle!

What I have done when needing a slash in something displayed in the browser, but not interpreted as a slash in a "path," I use the HTML encoded version of slash, which is: & # 4 7 ;

I put spaces between the actual characters here (remove them if you use them), so I could post.

Fred

I get around these type of problems by tweaking the feed itself and replacing the troublesome characters with something else.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread