Has anyone ever experienced webmerge not processing the entire feed? I have a feed with 6000 records, only process about 3300. I cleaned the feed very well, and I just can not figure out what is causing the problem.

I went up to record 3300 and I can not see anything that looks abnormal... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A few ideas from my own experience:

Check the *exact* number of items that are being processed.

Carefully examine the row of the last item processed, and one before and the one after it.

Look for extra fields way out at the right-hand end of any of those three lines.

Note the contents of the last line in Excel or whatever you're using, then look at the datafeed in NotePad. Use "Find" to find the line, and look for anything odd about it.

I once had WM abort processing like that, as I recall it was due to my manually building .html filenames from data fields, and I had an illegal character (I think it was a "#") as part of the filename. I assume WM received an error message from Windows and stopped at that point.

I know WM creates a log file if it experiences some problems. If the log file exists, check there also for clues.

-- Mike
    A joy shared is a joy doubled.
    A burden shared is a burden lightened.

Check out this old thread:

The issue is that windows doesn't like too many items in one folder.

Maybe that is what is causing the problem in your case.

Sal.

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Sal:
    Check out this old thread:

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...845#9156009845

Maybe that is what is causing the problem in your case. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a good place to start, but if that doesn't address your situation double-check that your delimiters are set correctly. Some types of feeds have return characters as part of the field data, and such feeds should have field data contained within quote characters. If your feed is like that be sure you have the "Text values are in quotes" option checked (in WM's Sources tab).
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Both the threads mentioned by Richard and Sal are probably the best place to start.

If you post again, and still have trouble, I would be interested in what type of operating system you have?

Fred

Hi All,

I guess this question can go into this thread cause the heading would be the same.

This is my first time with WM. I downloaded the CollectiblesToday datafeeds by category and I'm building the pages into separate directories.

When WM processes each directory, regardless of the number of records in the file, it is only building 20 pages for each category. Is there a setting anywhere that sets number of records to process to a specific number? Or does anyone know why this would be happening?

By the way, I now see that I should have downloaded the database in full instead of by category and had WM do the work.

Anyway, Why only 20 pages per category??

Thanks for your help,

Ken

WHAT A DOPE.........

It just dawned on me that I'm still using the FREE trial and it's probably set to only process 20 records. Duh!!!

Of course I'll buy the program, but I hadn't gotten that far yet in setting my first site to see how it worked. I was so excited that I figured it out that I tried to use it before I bought it. Oooooppps!!

Ok WebMerge, you get a sale today!

Ken

Ken, I am glad that you just figured out all by yourself, I had a post ready to reply but I decided to give you a break when I though that you probably was using the free version.

Now I got a suggestion for you, since you say (Ok WebMerge, you get a sale today!), why not go to http://www.web-procreate.com/wm-purchase.htm and let Fred get some commission, after all he has helped a lot of people here with his WebMerge tutorial, anyway if you go through his site I think you will save some $xx.xx so what do you have to lose.

Sal.

Thank you very much Sal! Most appreciated.

I think I still have the sale price up ($85.00), the official price is back up to $99.00.

I just checked my site though, and it lookslike it's down

I'll leave the pricing in place for another day, if anyone wants the sale price.

Thanks again, off to report the outage.

Fred

Working again, apparently a hiccup.

http://www.web-procreate.com/wm-purchase.htm

Fred

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread