What i would like to see if the capability to step thru the records on the first page, to see how webmerge sees them. Having trouble right now with a feed that some items aren't showing up in their proper categories, when they have categories marked and look fine. Maybe a simple datafeed viewer that show's us how webmerge see's the file, or am I missing something simple that is already there? It looks fine in editpad and excel, weird.

When you open up a source file you "see" the first record. Not sure what you mean by seeing "thru" the recorrds. If it is not appearing corrently then that souund like you have the import settings for the source file set incorrectly OR that there is some sort of misc garbage in your datafeed.

Can you post an example of a couple of records to better illustrate the problem that you are seeing?

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by qballĀ©:
    What i would like to see if the capability to step thru the records on the first page, to see how webmerge sees them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try the debugger: Tools-&gt;Debugger
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

qball wants to look at more than one record, similar to the way excel imports text files. That funtionality won;t be available until the next big release will it Richard?

Fred

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by buy_online:
    qball wants to look at more than one record, similar to the way excel imports text files. That funtionality won;t be available until the next big release will it Richard? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I'm building a table viewer to view and edit the contents of a source file. I'd also like to add the ability to store your editing steps into a settings file to automate those, but I may have to add that in a version after the one with the table viewer (requests for a lot of different features have come in, so it's getting to be a challenge putting them all into a roadmap that prioritizes well for the majority of our customers).
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread