Good Morning.

I am just starting with datafeeds and have a question. Most merchants have 3 tier sites but the datafeeds have only one category and the same subcategory for all products. I was under the impression that datafeeds basically duplicated the merchant's site. Am I wrong? am I missing something?

Also I am trying to build a template and have tried the WM tags thru webmerge but can't get the images to show once I process. All I get is links. Could someone provide me with a sample or explain what I am doing wrong?

Thank You for any help you can give.

Merchant datafeeds often do NOT include complete Category and SubCategory info. This is one of the frustrations. My experience has been that the most consistent feeds come from independent merchants and BeFree.

Take a look at the WebMerge tutorials provided by Fred and Frank (yours truely). Fred's is located at http://www.web-procreate.com/wm-what.htm

Mine includes templates for a 3 and 4 tier website with a sample datafeed. It is located at http://www.creativenutsandbolts.com/webmerge/

Hi, Frank.

Thank you. My wife and me have been there and are trying to absorb all that info. Do you manually create the subcategories that the datafeed is missing or do you leave it alone?
    We are currently working on the tutorial trying to make a template. So far no luck. The images are giving us a hard time.They show as links not as images. Is there something that we are missing?

=============
    Do you manually create the subcategories that the datafeed is missing or do you leave it alone?
    =============

I usually find some way to workaround this problem , e.g.

1) use brand name as the SubCategory
    2) Divide longer category into sections (WomensShoes1, WomensShoes2, etc)

==========
    The images are giving us a hard time.They show as links not as images. Is there something that we are missing?
    ==========

Compare the format of the image field in your datafeed with that of the template datafeed. You may need to adjust your field data or the template field to make the link work.

I find it easiest to create a working link using my HTML editor (FrontPage), and then work backwards to replace the real image codes with a WM tag to insert that data from the datafeed.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Frank, your posting just reminded me.

This tutorial from this page is great. I would recommended it to astro1 and everyone using WM.

Easy to understand and implement.

http://www.creativenutsandbolts.com/webmerge/

Thank you Frank and all.

We did get things to work including the pictures. the wife found a way and she still has to teach me. Frank, your tutorial was great but the problem must me with my poor mind not accepting new things at my age (48 or 65 depending on the day )

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread