I have Filemaker, Golive, and am trying out Webmerge. Making some progress building estore. Let's say I create a "put in shopping cart" type button at paypal (it creates the html for that product), how do I get that into the template without just seeing the html as content (already happened)?

tia

Chris

I've not done this type of link, but this is the process that I would suggest.

1) Using an editor program (like frontpage) create a working "put in shopping cart" for one of the products in your WM template.

2) Examine the raw HTML coding and isolate the portion of that code (product ID?) that matches the data in your datafeed.

3) Replace the real "product id" code in the link with a WM tag to insert the product id, i.e., [WM FIELD: product_id nolink].

You will probably want to use the nolink option since you are constructing this link "manually" rather than having WM do it automatically.

Thanks for the quick reply. In this case Paypal generates the code which I cut and paste-usually into the source view of the Golive document.

it looks like this:

<form target="paypal" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
    <input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/sc-but-01.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">
    <input type="hidden" name="add" value="1">
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_cart">
    <input type="hidden" name="business" value="customerservice@h2oguy.com">
    <input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="2.5x10" Arsenic Reduction Cartridge">
    <input type="hidden" name="amount" value="41.25">
    <input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1">
    <input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD">
    <input type="hidden" name="lc" value="US">
    </form>

I would love to store that in the database and have the linked button appear on the site. Of course I could generate my own buttons, but my concern is that on my first attempt, all I got is the html shown-not the button- on my page.

The answer may be in your response. I'll try it.

It looks to me like you should be able to generate those buttons yourself by inserting the modified PayPal HTML code into your detailed template. Something like the following might work.

<form target="paypal" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
    <input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/sc-but-01.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">
    <input type="hidden" name="add" value="1">
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_cart">
    <input type="hidden" name="business" value="customerservice@h2oguy.com">
    <input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="[WM-FIELD: Product_Name nolink]">
    <input type="hidden" name="amount" value="[WM-FIELD: Price nolink]">
    <input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1">
    <input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD">
    <input type="hidden" name="lc" value="US">
    </form>

If you are seeing the raw codes rather than the button, then I think that you probably made an error when you cut and pasted the codes. Try starting over from scratch or look for a missing "<" or ">".

Thanks, that works well with paypal. They don't require you to build a db of products ahead of this so it's rather slick.

ck

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread