Im having issues on my clients Windows XP machine where.

If I tell webmerge to automatically upload the html files it uploads the windows directiory onto the server? so everytime it uploads it does not just upload the html files to the specified directory it uploads and creates his windows directories to the html file.

example: I have the preferences set to upload to the /web directory on the web server.

It uploads into the /web directory the following: /web/C:drive//joes_files/webmergefiles/html_files/page1.html

can someone explain why its creating these directories everytime on the server?

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by valnoren:
    Im having issues on my clients Windows XP machine where.

If I tell webmerge to automatically upload the html files it uploads the windows directiory onto the server? so everytime it uploads it does not just upload the html files to the specified directory it uploads and creates his windows directories to the html file.

example: I have the preferences set to upload to the /web directory on the web server.

It uploads into the /web directory the following: /web/C:drive//joes_files/webmergefiles/html_files/page1.html

can someone explain why its creating these directories everytime on the server? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yours is the first instance of this reported. Have you selected the appropriate local root file for your site? Have you specified a folder in the FTP settings?

If double-checking those doesn't solve it please email me the settings file with the server name and directory of your FTP server (I don't need the login and password, and would prefer not to have them; I just need to see the path info).
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

To answer your questions:

Have you selected the appropriate local root file for your site? Yes, the local root file is selected.

Have you specified a folder in the FTP settings? yes I specified the "/web" directory for FTP do I need to specify the full path as I would for a PERL script?

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by valnoren:
    To answer your questions:

Have you selected the appropriate local root file for your site? Yes, the local root file is selected.

Have you specified a folder in the FTP settings? yes I specified the "/web" directory for FTP do I need to specify the full path as I would for a PERL script? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, the directory should be as you provide it for any other FTP client software.

Can you log in with those same settings using another FTP tool?
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread