Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    42
    Hi guys I have these tags on my index template.html page. The page is being created and I get the categories listed so far okay
    =====================================
    [WM-RECORD][WM-IndexLabel: CATEGORY]
    [WM-FIELD: CATEGORY]<br>
    [WM-FIELD: SUBCATEGORY]
    =======================================
    but I dont get first-next page showing on any of the product pages Should the code below be on the product detail template
    ==================================
    [/WM-IndexLabel][WM-LinkIndexFirst]First Page[/WM-LinkIndexFirst]
    [WM-LinkIndexPrevious]Previous Page[/WM-LinkIndexPrevious]

    ========================================
    I have placed this on the product detail template but it dont work. I'm missing something.

    Anyone point out my mistake please

  2. #2
    Full Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    413
    You are trying to use Index specific tags on a detailed page. Try these codes on the product page:

    [WM-LinkFirst]First Page[/WM-LinkFirst]
    [WM-LinkPrevious]Previous Page[/WM-LinkPrevious]

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    42
    Many thanks Baertracks, I'll give it a shot.

    Cheers Kili

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    42
    Not sure if I'm placing this in the right place , here's my product test page tags. Could someone tell me if this is right as I cant get the next and previous to show.

    Many Thanks Kili

    <p align="center"><br>
    [WM-LinkFirst]First Page[/WM-LinkFirst]
    [WM-LinkPrevious]Previous Page[/WM-LinkPrevious]
    </p>

    <table border="1" width="100%" id="table1">
    <tr>
    <td width="352">[WM-FIELD: CATEGORY]: [WM-FIELD: SUBCATEGORY] [WM-FIELD:
    PRODUCT_NAME] Our Price: [WM-FIELD: PRICE] Click Here for details [WM-IMAGEPATH:
    BIGIMAGE] Click picture for details. [WM-FIELD: DESCRIPTION]</td>

  5. #5
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    532
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    [WM-LinkPrevious]Prev Item[/WM-LinkPrevious] - [WM-LinkNext]Next Item[/WM-LinkNext]
    </pre>

  6. #6
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    532
    I think Richard is working on a way to allow us to place the actual field data in the link text too...

  7. #7
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    1,913
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stanley Holtsclaw:
    I think Richard is working on a way to allow us to place the actual field data in the link text too... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Quite possibly: what exactly would you like to see added to the navigation tags?
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

  8. #8
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    532
    Richard,

    I thought it had been brought up before but maybe not...of course maybe there is a way to do it and I just haven't figured it out

    Assuming data of:
    -Blue Widget
    -Green Widget
    -Red Widget

    ...the way WM works now (using PREV/NEXT links) the actual link to the previous field or next field can't include the field data.

    Assuming someone is viewing data 'Green Widget' the PREV/NEXT result looks like
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    &lt;a href="Blue-Widget.html"&gt;PREV&lt;/a&gt; &lt;a href="Red-Widget.html"&gt;NEXT&lt;/a&gt;
    </pre>
    Instead of
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    &lt;a href="Blue-Widget.html"&gt;Blue Widget&lt;/a&gt; &lt;a href="Red-Widget.html"&gt;Red Widget&lt;/a&gt;
    </pre>

  9. #9
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    1,913
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stanley Holtsclaw:
    Richard,

    I thought it had been brought up before but maybe not...of course maybe there is a way to do it and I just haven't figured it out

    Assuming data of:
    -Blue Widget
    -Green Widget
    -Red Widget

    ...the way WM works now (using PREV/NEXT links) the actual link to the previous field or next field can't include the field data.

    Assuming someone is viewing data 'Green Widget' the PREV/NEXT result looks like
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    &lt;a href="Blue-Widget.html"&gt;PREV&lt;/a&gt; &lt;a href="Red-Widget.html"&gt;NEXT&lt;/a&gt;
    </pre>
    Instead of
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    &lt;a href="Blue-Widget.html"&gt;Blue Widget&lt;/a&gt; &lt;a href="Red-Widget.html"&gt;Red Widget&lt;/a&gt;
    </pre> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


    Instead of plain text in between the starting and ending nav tags, why not use a WM-Field tag?:


    [WM-LinkPrevious][WM-Field: MyNavDescField][/WM-LinkPrevious]
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

  10. #10
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    532
    Richard,

    I DO want to use a WM tag...but one that inserts the contents of the previous field or the next field as the anchor text of the link for SEO purposes...

  11. #11
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    1,913
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stanley Holtsclaw:
    Richard,

    I DO want to use a WM tag...but one that inserts the contents of the previous field or the next field as the anchor text of the link for SEO purposes... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    If you mean "next RECORD" where you wrote "next FIELD" that would indeed be a useful option.

    I could extend WM-Field to include an attribute to allow references to use the next or previous records.

    Would that do what you need?
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

  12. #12
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    532
    Richard,

    You are indeed correct. I meant 'next record' and 'previous record' not fields...

  13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. <h1> Tags...
    By Steve Williams in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: July 24th, 2008, 07:32 AM
  2. Help with tags
    By Sarahc in forum WebMerge (Fourthworld.com)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: November 13th, 2006, 12:43 AM
  3. WM tags within WM tags
    By Doc Soc in forum WebMerge (Fourthworld.com)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 19th, 2004, 12:42 PM
  4. tags-this is what I'm trying to get...
    By Ms Woodtick in forum WebMerge (Fourthworld.com)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 1st, 2004, 10:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •