when i use this setup i only get on sub cat per each cat heading
    [WM-Record]
    [WM-IndexLabel: Category]
    <tr><td><h2>[WM-Field: Category]</h2></td> <td>[WM-FIELD: Sub-Category]</td> <td></td></tr>
    [/WM-IndexLabel][/WM-Record]

There is a minor typo in my first post it should read, I only get one sub-category listed per Category with the code above.

Thanks for any help with this.

I don't think that you can include two field names tags between indexlabel tags.

When you use in "Category" between indexlabel tags you are asking WM to list each category ONE TIME. By also including "subcategory" WM is simply showing the "subcategory" that happens is linked to the record of each Category.

Try splitting these into two lists, i.e., with one tier listing the categories, and then when you click on a category have it take you to a second tier that lists all of the subcategories.

My templates show how to do this. http://www.creativenutsandbolts.com/webmerge/

Thanks Frank,
    I am really trying to make a category/sub-category index page. I have always heard you like to get the consumer to their page in under 3 clicks, I have been taught 3 clicks and you're out!
    There has got to be a way a tool as powerful as webmerge can do this.

ABW Ambassador
    henrylair,

Unless you are planning on every visitor landing on your home page your goal should be getting as many interior pages indexed as possible. Better results for the search engine and ZERO clicks to the destination page for the visitor. Most of my traffic never hits my index pages. In my case navagation tags are more for the search engines to follow than visitors although I do try to make them obvious and easy to follow just in case.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by henrylair:
    SO I feel like I'm doing some things with WM that I can be a help to the WM family. So please don't treat this as a foolish request.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

henrylair,

Don't get defensive...start getting defensive on the WM forum and some users might not be inclined to help you.

No where in my post did I once imply you were "foolish". Reading your post there is no way for anyone to determine your level of expertise...I was merely offering the benefit of knowlege of having used WM for the past couple of years.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound defensive&gt; I am just very frustrated! Seems like such a simple task and it just escapes me.

I really appreciate the work that has been done and how willing you are to share. One look at any of my site and I think you'll see some impact the help has had.

Thanks again for any help you may be able to offer.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread