Hi.. I have figured a lot out using this.. stuck on 2 things...

1. the last page the detail page has my large image of the item and then a link that says click here for more details.. i want this to be a active link with my affiliate id in, now in the database excel sheet it has all the affiliate url under a column with the header AFFILIATEURL

so would i do this..

would i go to the detail template type the word

CLICK HERE

then go to the hyperlink in my editor and type in

[WM-FIELD: AFFILIATEURL]

?

ok next thing..

Ok i ahve my main index page has like CARRIERS down the left side so like

tmobile
    cingular
    verizon

when you click on one it goes to a page where it shows all the tmobile phones..

its doing this nicely

but

1. They are all on aligned to the left one on top of the other, I was hoping to have 4 across then have another 4 below across.. etc..
    instead of having them in a line all the way down the left side.. im not sure if im meant to make a table with 4 columns and place the tags in each column or only in the 1 and then have it repeat itself

thanks

Looks like you are starting to get the hang of this. The best way to master WM is to experiment. Try entering the codes as you described, and see what it produces. Then tweak the result.

I would also suggest that you compare the structure of your codes (both for the image link and the index page) with the codes in my tutorial templates. You should be able to "cut and paste" the condes from the templates to do what you are trying to do. (You should only have to change the name of the field to match the one in your datafeed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Baertracks:
    Looks like you are starting to get the hang of this. The best way to master WM is to experiment. Try entering the codes as you described, and see what it produces. Then tweak the result.

I would also suggest that you compare the structure of your codes (both for the image link and the index page) with the codes in my tutorial templates. You should be able to "cut and paste" the condes from the templates to do what you are trying to do. (You should only have to change the name of the field to match the one in your datafeed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

by the way.. do you have to upload with all your pages, your indextemplate, detailproduct template, sub category template and the datafield txt file? as

when it comes to that last page the detail page with the link.. I cant seem to get it to link to my merchant...

like if i have the words

CLICK HERE in my detail product page and then i hyperlink that to [wm-field:affiliateurl] its meant to put that url in there but its not.. working..... as soon as i click on the link it doesnt go to my merchant it goes back to my homepage.

So imagine this..

I have on my DETAIL PAGE

big picture then to the right of it.. a description and then below it says

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS... i have in front page highlighted that gone up to the hyperlink button where you would type in a url... and i have typed in

[WM-FIELD: AFFILIATEURL]

AFFILIATEURL is a header for a column which lists all my affiliate links to the merchant site..

so in theory it should put it in..

frank ill email you it so you can see for yourself

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Baertracks:

I would also suggest that you compare the structure of your codes (both for the image link and the index page) with the codes in my tutorial templates. You should be able to "cut and paste" the condes from the templates to do what you are trying to do. (You should only have to change the name of the field to match the one in your datafeed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah no worries I got it working..... mistake in the code.. some how it had it href="" instead of href="[wm-field: AFFILIATEURL]

not sure why that happend. it must have just not saved .. anyway that part is working..

seems you really have to tweak a lot your DATAfeed...

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread