Hi, can anyone let me know if it's possible to do something like this in Webmerge with regards to an index page?

Items A-F
    Items G-L
    Items M-S

etc, etc,

I already have a field with only the letters in the alphabet, but am wondering how to get Webmerge to generate the series of letters without my having to type in each one manually. If anyone could point me in the right direction on how to do this, I'd appreciate it greatly.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I am not an expert at this, but since no one else is chiming in, I'll give this a shot.

It seems like you need subcategory fields for A-F, G-L, etc. Your index page will create these subcategory links. You then need a subcategory template to create links to detail pages. You need 3 templates and 2 webmerge files.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

CheeseHead has the right idea.

You should add "A-F" "G-L" etc as your CATEGORY field. Your existing field with letters then becomes your SUBCATEGORY field.

You could create a four-tiered website (index page, grouped letters indes, individual letter index, and detailed product index pages) using four templates and three WM settings file. This would follow the same pattern as shown in my tutorial at http://www.creativenutsandbolts.com/webmerge/

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread