Hi again,
    One more question - how do I resize images if there is no thumbnail - for this specific code?

WM-RECORD cols=4 width=800][WM-IMAGEPATH: IMAGEURL raw]

I need much smaller sizes...

Thanks in advance!

Claudia

This can be very tricky.

Are all of your graphics in the same shape? If so, you are in luck. Using WebMerge 2.4 you can include immage size attributes as part of the TAG. Check the tagmaker help screen for more info.

If your images are not the same shape but come WITH existing size information, then you can do some fancy manipulation using Excel to reduce the size values proportionally.

If your images are not the same shape and are WITHOUT existing size information, then you are out of luck.

Adobe Photoshop and ImageReady are always my first choice. This is only if you have direct access to /images/ otherwise its all in the code.

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CrazyBagLadies:
    Hi again,
    One more question - how do I resize images if there is no thumbnail - for this specific code?

WM-RECORD cols=4 width=800][WM-IMAGEPATH: IMAGEURL raw]

I need much smaller sizes... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. In WebMerge 2.4 (not available for testing) the WM-ImagePath tag allows HTML image attributes, such as those for sizes:

[WM-ImagePath: ImageURL raw width="100 height="100"]

2. In WebMerge 2.3 and earlier you can use the WM-Field tag within an HTML IMG tag:

&lt;img src="[WM-Field: ImageURL raw width="100 height="100"]

3. The best solution, however, is to create thumbnails in the size you want to display them at, since displaying a full-sized image at a smaller size will require all of the download time and memory of the full-sized image.

I could add the ability to generate thumbnails to a future version of WebMerge, but in the meantime there are plenty of tools that will generate those for you.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

richard:

with datafeeds sometimes amounting to more than 100,000 records with same number of images in indirect form (image urls and not actual images) your suggestion is not applicable. one would have to download thousands of images manually and process them manually in photoshop or a similar program.

a script should be incorporated, to re-size proportionately on-the-fly downloaded images. this is very tricky to write and incorporate into WM, but would be a treasure for serious applications.

heisje

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by heisje
    one would have to download thousands of images manually and process them manually in photoshop or a similar program.

a script should be incorporated, to re-size proportionately on-the-fly downloaded images. this is very tricky to write and incorporate into WM, but would be a treasure for serious applications.
    Agreed. Already in development for one of the releases after v2.5....
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread