Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    RIP to one of my first merchants--Intrigo Lapstation--who showed up in my deactivation list Oct 31st. We were both new at this when I signed up--they had a little 1-product site, and I had an Angelfire site.

Since then I watched them grow to 3 or 4 items, one of which won some award. And I made more sites and went on to "real" hosting. Through the years there have been times of plenty and times of lean...

I knew something was wrong, drastically wrong, when my last sale was reversed due to "Can't Ship/Sold Out"--something that NEVER happened with this merchant. I was hoping it wasn't a sign of impending doom but I had a strong sense of foreboding. At the time, their site didn't say they were OOS on anything, but no fishy reversals had ever come from there before, so I knew something had to have gone upside-down.

I went to the Intrigo site again just before posting--it's 404 now. So, it looks like that's it . RIP to Intrigo and hopefully the owner(s) will be back again someday, even if it's with a different product.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Sorry to read that Leader, I can imagine how you feel for them after being with them so long and they being a good merchant for you.

Look on the bright side though, TigerDirect sell similar stuff but from what I gather they are non too keen on paying up on time.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Thanks for the condolences. It really sucks when one of the good ones goes, especially when it's one of the first I signed up with.

As for TigerDirect, though, aaakk!

It's not just the product that made Intrigo worth my while, of course. The *commission percentage* was substantially higher than many merchants, and WAY more than that cheapskate TD would ever pay.

So it looks like my Intrigo pages are history unless there is another merchant with a GREAT commission--and lapdesks that are cool.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Yeah, that is sad. But it shows from the very beginning you were able to find good advertisers.

Some of us can't say that. At times it seems like if there is a dog out there, that is the advertiser I'll go for.

I can't even remember the name of my first one. Was it Affinia or something like that. I can't remember.

I just realized I could also be talking about my romance life.

At least as far as I know, no advertiser has stole clients, trash talked me behind my back, told me how much they hate me and then thought I'd still want to.. well whatever.

Geeeez, I'm such a poor judge of character.

Chuck

Hey leader. I am just using this respones to say hi agian. I really do not want to ruin you day. I have been out of circulation for about 6 months. Us old guys do that. Have a great weekk.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread