I am a new WebMerge user and I am so digging it.

Though, being new. I have been thrown head first into the world of SEO.

Hoping someone here has a tutorial or workflow suggestions on how to best approach the keyword and keyphrase thang into meta and body html templates.

Help.. Thanks.

Gene
    http://www.heavyhammer.com
    Beautiful Downtown Annapolis

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SEOHH:
    Hoping someone here has a tutorial or workflow suggestions on how to best approach the keyword and keyphrase thang into meta and body html templates. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember that WebMerge just copies data from specified fields into your template. So if you have a field in your database for keywords, just use something like this:

&lt;head&gt;
    &lt;meta name="keywords" value="[WM-Field: keywords]"&gt;
    &lt;/head&gt;
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Thanks. That's sounds good. I would like to get more complicated with keywords that have relationships with relative keyphrases to generate per mutations of pages.

i.e.
    Keyword: Home
    Keyphrase New Homes
    Keyphrase Home Improvment

In reality I wish to generate pages with some type of keyphrase randomization with a single keyword throughout the body of the page.

Hopefully, I am making sense. Thanks.

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SEOHH:
    Thanks. That's sounds good. I would like to get more complicated with keywords that have relationships with relative keyphrases to generate per mutations of pages.

i.e.
    Keyword: Home
    Keyphrase New Homes
    Keyphrase Home Improvment

In reality I wish to generate pages with some type of keyphrase randomization with a single keyword throughout the body of the page. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course the trick to randomizing is to do so in a way that also benefits the human reader. After all, anyone can trick a searchbot into giving them hits but converting hits into sales is a matter of building trust with the customer, which comes from good content presented in good design.

To build valuable unique content there's another tag you might be interested in: WM-Include, which can include the contents of a text or HTML file on your hard drive into the contents of a generated page. You could, for example, put your keywords there for your META tags. Of if you name the files based on a consistent value in the feed, you could include custom content each time you generate your pages without ever needing to do a manual copy-n-paste.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Good advice and thanks for your assistance. Again, nice product and happy holidays.

If I get a feed without a handy Keywords column, I do something like this:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">&lt;meta name="keywords" value="[WM-Field: SuperCategory], [WM-Field: Category], [WM-Field: SubCategory]"&gt;</pre>
    [URL=http://www.netmagellan.com/]Net Magellan blog[/URL]

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread