Hi,
    I thank everyone for all the help they give me and their patience.
    I read and re-read everything I can find about webmerge but I am not getting the catgory page creation part.
    My datafeed appears good.
    I am able to create my detail product pages but then Im lost.
    I have read all the index page tutorials I can find, file settings helps, tag info, etc. I can find and I understand bits and pieces only.
    I get how it works, well how the heirachy should look, but if those diagrams had the code on them so I code see what each has on it to make it work that would be great.

I have build a base web using FP2000.
    I know many of you hate FP.
    I am aware of and watching for that added code FP makes and to remove it and the work around for that I found posted.

I have shared borders on the left of all pages.
    I want the categorys as text links on the left shared border.
    I have all the normal base website pages done, about us, contact, etc.

I build a detail page template and I am able to get that to work as it should.
    Here are the tags I use for that,
    [WM-Field: Category_Code]
    [WM-ImagePath: Full_Image]
    [WM-Field: Description]
    [WM-Field: _Price_]
    Click Here To Add This Item To Your Shopping Cart

[WM-Field: PRODUCT-ID]

Detail pages generate great and work properly including the buy now url.

I built 2 category page templates and when I go to add the webmerge tags, that is where I get lost. I dont know what my tags should be on that/those page/s.
    In my feed I have about 4 or 5 different category names in the category field.
    I have read the tutorials so many times I recite them in sleep but I am someone who needs to see something in actual working pages to get it.
    Could someone either generate the tags for me so I can cut and paste them into the category page please? IF that will help me?
    Or email the address of a basic website that I can look at actual tags on pages to see who mine should look?
    But I dont get how to deal with the href, the "no link" in the tags, that is where I just plain get lost.
    I am sorry to be a pia with this newbie crap.
    I have tried several variations of category tags and cant get it to work.
    For one thing, the tutorial uses the betty mills url and I am building this as a subweb that will be in a folder on my company web for demos, so I dont how to write the link in the category page.
    Beside, in FP if I want to link to a page I add a internatl hyperlink and this looks like a actual link?
    If anyone knows of a simple category and detail page site I can look at the code and figure it out from there I hope.

tyia so much!
    Frank

=========
    Could someone either generate the tags for me so I can cut and paste them into the category page please? IF that will help me?
    =========

This is what I have tried to do in my tutorial using the FunToCollect datafeed as an example to create a four-tiered website. Take a look at the sample category and subcategory templates.

Do you have Category and Subcategory fields, or just a category field? If it is just Category, then you are probably trying to create a three tiered website that include 1) a homepage showing a list of the five categories, 2) category index page displaying all the products in that category, and 3) a detailed page for each product).

You also need TWO WM setting files to go along with those three tempplates configured as shown at
    http://www.creativenutsandbolts.com/...%20Website.htm

Without seeing your specific templates, WM settings files and datafeed that is all I can suggest at the moment.

I am getting this slowly.
    I see and have read yours and the other tutorials about what settings to use.
    I have reread your tutorial several times and I thank you for it.
    However what I need is what the tags need to look like on each template page that corresponds to your settings chart for the 'three teir site".
    In other words, I see the settings for it,
    now if I could see the tags I need to put on what pages, I think I would be set.
    In other words if that settings chart followed with,
    "and here are how your pages should look" and it showed each template pages tags, I think I could get it.
    I am playing around with letting webmerge generate files using its own template and trying to see what tags it used where to accomplish what.
    I usually can reverse engineer almost anything if I can see it in action but most of what I found are a bit complicated for sample sites.

I looked at the url you had up but it was too large for me to figure out how you tagged that for a three tier site.
    ty so much for your help!
    Eventually the light will go on for me.
    lol
    Frank

=========
    In other words if that settings chart followed with, "and here are how your pages should look" and it showed each template pages tags, I think I could get it.
    =========

Try downloading the zipped collection of sample templates and WM settings files from the link on the first page of my tutorial. Open those templates using FP and you wil see coding examples that should help.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread