Affiliate Manager
    WebMerge 2.4's background color is lighter than v2.3. I've had some comments suggesting I change this, but I've done a comparison of WebMerge's colors with the standard XP colors and it seems to be a good match -- check out this screen shot which shows the WebMerge 2.4 interface beneath the Win XP Display control panel. As per the Win XP Visual Guidelines, the appropriate background for tab controls is the beige color that appears in WebMerge 2.4's tabs.

Given that v2.4 is conformant with Microsoft's recommendations, I'm inclined to keep the background color as it is in beta 1. I've lightened the gradient at the top and bottom of the main window to improve overall appearance for build 2, as you can see in the screen shot, but will not likely make further changes to its appearance for this release.

For those of you who've commented on v2.4's appearance, I would encourage you to please evaluate it not in comparison to v2.3, but to try to give it a fresh look in relation to the rest of the Windows interface as a whole. Reviewers and new users will not have experience with older versions of WebMerge, but all of our Windows users will be familiar with the Windows interface and have expectations of conformance.

If you find differences between the standard Windows appearance and v2.4 please let me know so I can address it for the final release.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    *Checks screenshot*

Looks good to me! But then, I always liked XP's looks a lot better than Win98's...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Affiliate Manager
    Reports on v2.4 have trickled to nearly zero, so unless some of you working with it arre sitting on reports it looks like we're nearing release.

The only unresolved problem reported to date is with the colors not appearing correctly on Windows systems older than XP. XP and OS X are reported to be displaying fine, but on earlier versions of Windows some folks are reporting seeing a light striped pattern, and others a very dark background.

Of course this needs to be resolved before we go final, and I'd like to fix fix it this week. But to do so I'll need more info, so if you see any unusual appearances in WebMerge v2.4b2 please take a screen shot and sent it to me via email, along with the info in Help->System Info.

Thanks in advance -
    Richard Gaskin

Affiliate Manager
    I just posted a special "color test" ("CT") build of WebMerge to help test this issue:
    http://www.fourthworld.com/products/...WebMergeCT.exe

If you've had problems with colors not displaying properly in v2.4 please try this version and email me with the results.

Once I can confirm a fix for this the new coloring code will be part of the v2.4 Beta 3 release, which will likely also be a candidate for final release.
    Richard Gaskin

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread