All,

I am pleased to announce that Overstock (Shawn Schwegman, shawn@overstock.com ) Has decided to take their affiliate program into high gear by opening a private merchant forum for their affiliates, Overstocks dedication to their affiliates success is unprecedented by any Linkshare merchant and Shawn's openness to what you [the affiliates] want and ACTUALLY implementing it highly commended!

Overstock overview
    -------------------
    Overstock.com has consistently been among the top 50 most visited sites (Source: PC Data Online) and continues to capture an increasing share of total online purchases with each strategic business development—including recent acquisitions of Gear.com, Toytime.com, Miadora.com, Jewelry.com, eHats.com, Babystripes.com and more.

They are a great merchant for EVERY site and are dedicated to our success, lets just tell them what we need to kick donkey and make some serious $!

Haiko
    [Fixed email link]

[ 04-17-2002: Message edited by: Haiko ]

BS, Haiko. What are they paying YOU to write the following.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    [QB]All,
    Overstocks dedication to their affiliates success is unprecedented by any Linkshare merchant and Shawn's openness to what you [the affiliates] want and ACTUALLY implementing it highly commended!Haiko
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haiko, WHICH affiliates' Success? WhenU's just as Verizone did? Make a link to Overstock and a #SaveNo Pop-up appears to go get a better price on the SAME item with a WhenU # .. or a WhenU pop-up to save big bucks on the SAME item, etc., etc., with WhenU's affiliate code.

Someone wrote Shawn before about them feeding WhenU and she never answered that but dodged the real question by saying she "checked and checked" to see why the poster's stats were'nt registering.

I have to ask if they're paying you for praising them when you know Overstock is platered all over the place, on top of our links and giving WhenU our credit.

Ticked-off Totter

Totter,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I have to ask if they're paying you for praising them when you know Overstock is platered all over the place, on top of our links and giving WhenU our credit.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No payment has been made, just a dedication to real affiliates!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Someone wrote Shawn before about them feeding WhenU and she never answered that but dodged the real question <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was *ME*!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>BS, Haiko<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No Totter, Please read my post about speaking with Shawn!

Respectfully,

Haiko
    PS Never call me a sell out, I NEVER have nor will! Please read all learn who I am!- I have no problem exposing any ass or bullshit program any day or anywhere and will do so to EVERYONE ... I, personally, have been F'ed ($5K in a weekend) and many others for months, http://www.abestweb.com/idt.htm , this board is about REAL merchants and REAL interaction with affiliates, I will NOT allow them [merchants] in unless they are! Read a little more and LEARN what an PITA [to BS merchants/ adnetworks] I really am!

Affiliate Manager
    I remember saying that I would get back to answering that question, but I don't think I ever did - for that I apologize.

After speaking w/ Haiko about this in great detail, and after researching the information for myself, I have removed WhenU as an affiliate of Overstock.com.

Thanks,

[ 04-17-2002: Message edited by: Shawn-Overstock.com ]

ABW Ambassador
    That's good news. Is this a one-time reaction to pressure or has there actually been a policy decision that Overstock will no longer condone parasitic link placement?

I hope it's the latter.

Elisabeth Archambault

Affiliate Manager
    You'll have to forgive me with the whole Parasiteware realm. This is virgin territory for me. However, based on what I know, I don't agree with it at all.

Our goal is to form strong relationships with our Affiliates and boost sales for the both of us. I'm not going to partner with an affiliate who is using sketchy tactics to basically steal commissions from another affiliate.

WhenU was brought to my attention, we researched them and decided that it was best not to have them as an affiliate. If I am made aware of other affiliates using similar tactics to steal commissions, I will perform the same research on the affiliate in question. If I find that they are in fact stealing commissions, then they will be removed from our Affiliate program. Period.

Thank you,

[ 04-17-2002: Message edited by: Shawn-Overstock.com ]

Hi Shawn, and all merchants and affiliate managers who are willing to work with affiliates to build mutually rewarding relationships, thank you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    and a big thank you to Haiko for providing
    a platform.

I've been involved with a number of privately run affiliate programs for a few years now and they've been very successful because we've been able to develop a close relationship.

Now with more affiliate managers/merchants joining us here, I can see a great future for network run affiliate programs,and affiliates.

8. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread