Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Morpheus/Buyersport suing the Haikster????
    All,

It looks like a lawsuit a brewing [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

After 2 hours on the phone with them, to see when the fix will be out, it appears that Buyersport.com will sue me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

More pressure against merchants is called for. It is your money!
    Uneducated consumers is what is all about!

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    What grounds, exactly, for a lawsuit? Are they threatening Neil, too?

Awesome...way to go Haiko.

I have been trying to get them and Snare to sue me for months.

Now we can really kick some ass ... you need help call me ... you need some bucks I'm there ... you need PR you got it.

Don't you just love it when the opposition is dumber than dirt.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about...when you get sued you can counter sue in the same complaint and use the plantiffs info in your own defense and
    against them.

In effect the plantiffs can get skewered by their own pikes.

Way to go dude...let the war begin for real.

quote:
    you need PR you got it

You might want to pass on that one Haiko.

[ 05-16-2002: Message edited by: chinaski ]

Haiko, will be keeping you in my prayers!!

Also, Ancestry.com has discontinued their account and sent notice to Buyersport that they are to take down all links!! Ancestry has taken a great stance on all parasiteware on their private forum and let us know they do not approve of it!!

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Time to check out that charity, methinks.

I'm not in the US. Anyone know how I can put in a request for it to be investigated? I'm not happy with having no reply from 'Aim High'.

Happy hunting Haiko! Let us know when you want some cash.

I

[ 05-16-2002: Message edited by: Icicle ]

Not that I understand a word of this, but it sounds good (something Freon just said to me in chat).

"btw, sorry to sound like the voice of scepticism, but I'd be inclined to believe that the reason MusicCity hasn't released a new version of Morpheus that erases the link-hijack issue is more likely to be because they're a bunch of clueless noobs who don't know their arses from their elbows and still have a bug-ridden "Preview" (ie "Beta") version of their sh*t Gnutella client

They spent a good few weeks just rushing that out godawful preview edition after Kazaa booted them off the network, and that definately can't have been commerically good - so if they f*cked up then, bound to have the power to f*ck up again."

[Rude words censored for those delicate American Sensibilities [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]]

I

As per my verbal agreement with Kirk Feathers (CTO of Buyersport) we/ they are working on it ...however, I will not allow the backing down of publishers contacting merchants who deal with them now, for they are allowing my affiliate brothers and sisters to lose comissions

Haiko
    PS. will post later after I go thought the tapes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

3 1/2 hours on the phone ... I need a break!

Haiko

Let me know if there is anything I can do Haiko, behind you 100%!

All,

TY for the support! I may need to call on it later.

It appears that Buyersport has transcripts of my conversations with them and they are blaming me for the death threats against their employees.

I tried to, for over three hours, implore the need for customer (end user) knowledge of what was happening and they were kind enough to say that it "will be implemented" but WE should stop contacting the advertisers. (basis of suit lost bs business, and it is my fault [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

I elaborated to them I was an end user and they owe me over $50, and asked them to look up my account via my GUID(how they allegedly track), they had no method of such! I have had absolutely no notice of any rebate from their program!

I continue to encourage all affiliates to contact their merchant partners as tomorrow will be 2 WEEKS since the 1-7day "FIX" would have been released :eek:. I know that the new program has been QAed buy someone I trust and he has given his okeedokee (via fax) at 4:30pm today, but the release date of the INTEGRATED fix (with Morpheus), is undetermined! :EEK:

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    Haikster - there with you always.

Regards
    TGO

ABW Ambassador
    Haiko, behind you all the way and will continue contacting merchants.

Had an interesting exchange today of 4-5 emails (each way) with one merchant who STILL didn't understand the issues (he's trying though and I he think he's got it now).

He had an interesting thought -- he suggested that the NETWORKS (CJ, LS, BeFree) should be taking a stance on this and terminating such predatory affiliates. What a concept, eh?

And may I say, THEY'RE thinking of suing someone for LOSS OF BUSINESS? The irony is drippingly sweet.

Cedric,

While I can not speak of the actions (or lack therof?) of Befree I can say that CJ via Todd and LS via Stephen have been great! (not implying anything against BF).

However, the reach of morpheus (which may need to be proved in court) still affects all publishers and UNKNOWING consumers!

The FIX is later that "Late", and my kick in the donkey is not a reason to sue the messenger, but I welcome it, for all of us ... Lets go baby - you robbed us and consumers ... lets see if you want to muck in your own mud pile!

Haiko
    PS. PUBLIC STATEMENT QUOTE ME!

Interesting how we got 47 mb in our abw log files in the past 3 minutes hmmmm

Are screenshots admissable?

Haiko

Possible DOS attack?

quote:
    Originally posted by eaglefire:
    Possible DOS attack?

Definate!

Haiko

Re threats: Weren't there threats made against ABW and it's members?

Re "hurt business": Isn't interfering with another Affiliate's ability to collect commissions in violation of the TOS of most Merchants' Affiliate programs?

[ 05-16-2002: Message edited by: eaglefire ]

Haiko - you said you were clearing your logs - I hope you are saving them - you will need them as evidence for the FBI.

ABW Ambassador
    Not to pick, Todd seems like a great guy.

But what has he done? Ignore his words for a minute, what has he done?

CJ has done nothing. They need to make an annoucement and take a stand, until then I will just ignore their words.

Chet

Haiko;
    If you don't already have an attorney, I can recommend a good one in NY on 45th Street. Let me know and I'll PM you his name and phone number.
    Ken

Well, to be fair CJ did do something - they wrote to merchants and told them everything was fine and Morpheus doesn't steal commissions, and to drop affiliates for saying that they did!

I

Haiko
    I don't make much per month but you are welcome to it if you need it. Are you setting up some form of account in case you need the cash?
    I am sure many others here will help out.

Icicle,

quote:
    Well, to be fair CJ did do something - they wrote to merchants and told them everything was fine and Morpheus doesn't steal commissions, and to drop affiliates for saying that they did!

I din't know that, is that true??? To all their merchants?

Just the one merchant far as I know, but one merchant was all I'd asked lately. And they were given, by CJ, *the same crap Morpheus was dishing out in their defence when MGM sued them*. So it looks like CJ and Morpheus have the same lawyer. Far as I recall (and I recall well) it was word for word.

Then CJ said that affiliate codes weren't being overwritten!

Which only goes to show what a bunch of lying scumbags they are, and if you believe the 'tracking wasn't affected' crap everytime the site is down, you probably believe Britney Spears is a virgin.

I posted the entire email under the thread 'Todd - wanna explain this' along with a little corporate analysis. And every time a merchant contacts me, I tell them we'll discuss things *after* CJ has answered these concerns to my satisfaction and point them at that thread. I suggest the rest of you do the same. Whether the merchant is Morpheus affiliated or not.

So, although this was only one merchant, I have no reason to believe they aren't telling every merchant who asks, the same thing.

I

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast